or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I've used the Songza website occasionally and it's very simple to use to get some decent streaming music.  I mainly use it to listen to old Motown and 60's groups which I pretty much grew up on and the selection is decent, although not as good as iTunes or Spotify.  It's understandable Google would snap up something like this.  They'll just take the interface and those employees who already have streaming music experience and at least they won't get totally embarrassed. ...
I like that term of "overhauling the backend."  That's awesome ghettospeak.   I'd like to know when Apple is going to get a street view for Maps.  Google has it and Bing has it.  Apple can afford a fleet of vehicles and footsoldiers to create their own.  Using street view is so much fun for exploring.  It's possible not everyone cares about having street view, but I I find it very useful to check out when I need to go somewhere and get familiar with the area.  One would...
Unless there are some politics and bribes going on in the background, it appears as though Apple simply dropped the ball on this one.  I think most companies would practically bend over backwards to get a contract but it seems as though Apple always has this attitude of "We're Apple so our products sell themselves."  If Apple does make the best products then they should be grabbing contracts left and right.  If Apple needs to lower the cost then that's what they should...
As far as Wall Street is concerned, Apple doesn't even have a processor design division.  Apple certainly gets no premium for designing its own processors and they're certainly not considered innovative by the news media.  Even when the A7 was announced as the world's first 64-bit mobile processor it was greeted with jeers as being pretty much useless.  Apple's chip division is invisible to everyone except Apple.  Wall Street definitely considers Qualcomm's Snapdragon and...
If Google is really trying to squeeze Apple's hardware business, then Apple should build its own search engine or acquire DuckDuckGo and put the squeeze on Google's search engine business.  It really appears as though Google is definitely trying to step all over Apple's toes by enticing mobile hardware manufacturers to undercut Apple's mobile hardware business.  It really wouldn't cost Apple all that much to have a search engine and optionally enable it on all of Apple's...
It's almost certain Wall Street will cheer it like they do everything else Google does and proclaim it as another product Apple has to worry about.  The pundits will figure that both Fire TV and Google TV working together will certainly put Apple out of the streaming box business for good.  Watch Google's share price rise when this new streaming box is announced and is hailed as a leading legitimate contender in the streaming box race.  All Apple has is that old...
I agree with you.  Apple's share price never seems to follow analyst predictions like say Amazon, Priceline or Google which pretty much lock in on predictions.  Apple's share price can end up anywhere.  That's why I never understand the purpose of target prices for Apple except for the possibility of manipulation although even that doesn't make any sense.  Today's upgrade had no positive effect at all on Apple if that's what they were hoping to achieve.  Of course, the...
Only 10+ sensors for the Apple wearable?  Where's the innovation in that?  I'm fairly certain the Galaxy Gear 3 will have at least 20 sensors and be capable of jolting you back to life after you suffer a heart attack.  It's no wonder Apple is struggling for survival.  Tim Cook isn't creative enough.  The Apple wearable would have had full life-support capabilities if Steve Jobs were alive.  Total body stasis and intelligent nano-bot injection capabilities.  10+ sensors is...
Sapphire can be used in so many other applications apart from consumer tech products or just for Apple's use.  There are plenty of sapphire in the medical field which Apple seems to be getting into.  Hospitals may no longer bother with those standard steel blade or tungsten carbide scalpels and use sapphire ones instead if the prices come down enough.  Sapphire blade scalpels can hold a sharper edge longer.  I'm thinking that sapphire could be used in artificial joints if...
100 million iPhones is a huge number. That would definitely break all sorts of sales records.