or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I kind of suspected that Wall Street would play down this deal.  I'm starting to believe that there isn't anything Apple can do to significantly move the share price the way Google, Amazon or Netflix would move.  Apple would likely have to double its revenue or something nearly else as impossible to impress Wall Street.  It's pretty obvious that neither Google or Amazon are going to have to earn their P/Es as Apple does.  I'm certain Google can't double its revenue and it...
One has to think that the people who are using Android tablets are not using them to go online.  They're using them for reading, running apps, playing games or watching videos.  There are probably people in various parts of the world who don't have online access due to lack of WiFi or maybe those who feel safer using a desktop computer to due transactions.  If Apple were really aggressive, they'd create their own search engine or acquire one and use that as the default...
There's a snowball's chance in hell that Beats will ever see any substantial amount of money from that lawsuit.
Why doesn't the dude just get the tyke his own tablet and then they won't have to share?  Making fun of Apple's products are easy to do if you pick out features that iOS doesn't support and I'm sure there's plenty of them.  I suppose multitasking could be useful for some things, but I'd hardly think it was a deal-breaker.  I guess you buy what you need.  I think Samsung is wasting its time using comparisons to Apple's iPad because Samsung should be pushing the merits of...
Yeah.  Samsung is falling prey to the same thing that happened at Nokia.  The low-end smartphone sales certainly can't offset the loss of high-end smartphone sales.  Low-end smartphone sales are like a boat anchor.  I honestly don't understand why analysts don't see this when the Nokia debacle was relatively recent.  Trying to hold onto high market share at every level is just too hard to do on a global scale.  Everything will work as long as your flagship devices are...
If this is a legitimate test, Corning is going to be so butt-hurt.  Corning's CEO is going to have to really make a valid argument how Gorilla Glass 3 is far better in so many ways than what Apple has to offer.  Especially after claiming that it was impossible for Apple to build a viable substitute for Gorilla Glass 3.  It's a real head-scratcher why rival companies go out on a limb to crucify Apple's abilities to come up with a solution to a problem.  Anyway, the torture...
Windows Phone is pooched, BlackBerry is nil and Tizen is likely to have a tough time gaining traction.  It appears Android and iOS are going to the leading mobile OSes for years to come.  It doesn't seem likely iOS will gain market share on Android unless Apple wearable devices get included.  Android is going to be able to be run on so many devices the numbers will be simply astounding.
Sapphire flexes?!!!  But... but... but Corning said the sapphire Apple intended to use would snap like a brittle twig if someone blew on it.  What gives?  Apple supposedly can't build indestructable iPhones without Gorilla Glass 3 because Corning knows everything about display glass.  Besides, who can bend an iPhone like that?  The Hulk, Superman, The Thing?  But they probably won't be using iPhones anyway.
I spend a lot of time on Spotify and iTunes Radio.  I have a large music library but it doesn't come close to Spotify.  Just their new releases alone could take days and days to listen to.  I'll always have my own music library but streaming services are hard to beat.  There's definitely room in this world for both business models and I think they could work to serve each other.  Streaming services are great for discovery of artists I've never heard of.  Apple should...
Although I see nothing wrong with Samsung offering a metal-case Galaxy, I sure hope they're not expecting sales to be significantly boosted by it.  The Galaxy S5 is already being offered with lowered prices and special offers and still sales are hard to come by.  Galaxy S5 sales are probably tapped out and nothing is going to increase sales except waiting a period of a year or so.  Those who bought Galaxy S4 and S5s will likely be ready to upgrade as their contracts run...