or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

It's been claimed that Apple knows absolutely nothing about connected homes and "the Internet of Things" so this would be quite a surprise to the news media.  Everyone says that only Google is capable of putting control of the home into users' hands and that Apple's core hardware business will be obsolete in a few years.  My take is that Apple can always acquire what it needs to stay relevant but the news media and analysts say it isn't possible.  I don't know why it is...
I don't believe they have to be the perfect fit but I'm sure there are some compromises that can be met.  Iovine and Dr. Dre are businessmen and I'm sure they have very good connections to the music business that Apple could use.  They're probably going to be used strictly as advisers and so they probably won't be punching a clock.  They may have a few meetings every so often and come up with ideas.  I honestly don't see how spending $3.2 billion is going to hurt Apple in...
Send in the Apple troops.  The new Desert Storm is about to begin.  Time to kick some Android ass and drive Google and Samsung out of the entire Arabian Gulf region.
I wouldn't put any faith in Munster's sales predictions about Apple.  After hearing his negative opinion about the Beats Electronics deal, I've decided he's likely clueless concerning anything about Apple.  We really do not need the analysts and their polls.  Apple will sell what they can sell and that's it.  I'm going to follow Apple's guidance and that's good enough for me.  In the end the only thing that matters is when Apple makes it quarterly financial call and the...
Oh, noes!  Apple is doomed.  Darn those Google Glasses.  The Glassholes have voted  Google to the #1 spot.  I guess it's time to start the "Fire Tim Cook!" rants again.  How come Apple doesn't have any special future projects like Google does?  Where's Apple's Time Travel device or faster-than-light spacecraft.  C'mon Tim, Wall Street will even settle for a portable quantum flux generator.  I guess this second place spot shows all innovation at Apple is a thing of the...
Leading by following is a classic Bizarro World-concept.  I'd seen Bizarro Superman use it many times.  Everything is the exact opposite to the normal world.  In a way, Samsung is an imperfect duplicate of Apple, so in some twisted and distorted way what Samsung is saying makes complete sense if you live on Htrae, the Bizarro homeworld.
So, is Apple going to tear down all the brick and erect an entirely glass building in its place?  Considering how most Apple stores are, this structure doesn't seem to stand much of a chance of surviving.  I suppose it could end up more like the Grand Central Station store but it wouldn't look much like an Apple Store from the outside unless it had some huge Apple logo in front or a huge glass structure on the roof.
Too late for this short documentary to have any impact on Wall Street's thinking about iOS devices.  Wall Street already knows Android has 80% of the smartphone market share and the Android tablet market share has already overtaken the iPad's market share.  We all know that market share is the most important metric in valuing a company's worth.  This one ad isn't going to help change the fortunes of a doomed company.  Besides, everyone already knows Nokia holds the record...
But... but... but EVERYONE says you can't create content on an iPad.  It can only be used for content consumption.  Could Bentley be lying about how this ad was created?  Something doesn't add up.     /s
I think that's what's throwing this whole movement towards larger sized smartphones out of skew.  Initial purchase price.  There's some basic assumption that everyone loves larger displays but I think that cheaper pricing of larger display Android smartphones that may be the real driver towards larger smartphones.  I'm sure some consumers do want larger displays but I'm willing to bet they'd settle for a smaller display iPhone if the price is lower.  Smartphones won't...