or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

If it were Apple doing something like this, the talking heads would be claiming how they're cannibalizing their higher-priced product line.  Of course, I don't know if that would be true or not.  I'm sure the Playstation TV won't be running Gran Turismo or any of their other high-end games.   Not that I think it's critical or anything but Apple really didn't do much over the last three years with AppleTV considering they could have had the device running iOS and at least...
It's somewhat disappointing in a world filled with billions of consumers that there isn't enough room for more than a couple of companies to be profitable in the smartphone business.  It just seems so stupid that only one company must dominate and all the others must fail in order to satisfy Wall Street.  Apparently, the smartphone business must not be like any other business on the planet.  In most businesses, surely a half-dozen or so companies can thrive on a global...
Apple did the best it could but it was plain to see Apple's stock momentum ran out of gas.  Apparently, Amazon's 3D smartphone overshadowed Apple's split as the Amazon smartphone is being touted as another thorn in Apple's side.  All available money over the past couple of days has been poured into Amazon while Apple's stock was left to stagnate.  It seems there were a few talking heads who thought Apple might reach as high as $700 pre-split.  That was really too much to...
Apple shares completely lost momentum and will be unlikely to reach $650 pre-split.  Without any new hardware, even with the split coming, investors aren't going to give away any more money to Apple to drive up the share price.  Investors are busily pouring money into Amazon because of the Amazon smartphone with the revolutionary 3D UI and half-dozen cameras.  Investors see the Amazon smartphone far more exciting than Apple's iPhone 6.  Most of Wall Street is rather...
I can afford $99 but it seems a bit steep for a controller.  $69 would be more in order.  I don't know what components would be driving up the cost to $99.  Mfi tax?  The Junglecat is definitely a nice compact design specific for the iPhone but I'd just as soon use my Playstation six-axis because its very comfortable and built to last.  Anyway, I think Apple is doing a decent job of offering the API for controllers of all sorts.  It's about time.  Now all Apple has to do...
Google was such a diehard Flashtard.  They just kept pushing Flash for all it was worth because they thought they had some huge advantage over iOS and Steve Jobs insistence that it should be killed off.  Flash ran like crap on mobile devices but Google simply wouldn't relent.  It took all the way to KitKat for Android to absolutely not support Adobe Flash and yet there are still people trying to install it and succeeding by side-loading it.  Some people just never give up.
As a senior citizen I definitely want an app like that.  The only problem is I'd probably have to type in all that info manually unless hospitals came up with a standardized form you could scan results from.  Anyway, it seems like a good start.  This is something Apple really needs to push because it seems it could be very useful to so many parties.  Some medical companies needs to come out with some multipurpose body-sensor devices that can interface with hand-held...
I didn't care very much for Tim Cook giving Android cheap shots.  The less anyone says about Android, the better.  It's like giving them free publicity.  It's OK if they want to talk straight numbers and stuff but that's it.  I always consider it unprofessional to start poking at rivals.  Stress your company product's strong points and forget about rivals weaknesses.  Personally, I think it's a waste of time talking about Android or even their numbers.  Let Android take...
You keep forgetting that everyone on Wall Street is waiting for an iWatch that will sell in the tens of millions of units at $300 a pop.  Did you see any iWatch?  No.  Did you see any new AppleTV?  No.  So it makes sense that investors quickly sold off their shares because they can't make any money from Apple this week.  Wall Street wanted to see hardware, not software at the developers conference.  Software simply doesn't make investors salivate when it comes to Apple.
I think it's going to be very difficult for any other company to match what Apple is offering in terms of integration across platforms.  Only Apple does the hardware and software and is able to keep fragmentation out of the equation except for older devices.  I'm going to upgrade to Yosemite within a week of release after get user feedback and I find out if there are no major problems I'm good to go.  I really like it.  I don't concern myself with eye-candy and stuff.  I...