or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

But... but... Android is winning. Android has major smartphone UNIT market share and that's what excites Wall Street. It's those big round daily activation numbers that sets investors' and analysts' hearts aflutter. Where is Apple going to get all that future growth potential needed to survive as a company when Android is capturing the hearts and minds of the impoverished masses? Apple should get out of the smartphone industry now while it still has some dignity left.
Apple must absolutely not have this opportunity slip through their fingers . Apple seems to have nearly everything in place to be the first mover and it would be a damn shame for some Android vendor to just slip in with some cheap plastic tablet and take over. Apple should be able to throw more resources at this initiative than even the once mighty Microsoft. Apple would be doing schools and students a great disservice if they weren't aggressive enough in deploying...
I still hear people yelling that tablets are useless, especially those iPads made by Apple. It's amazing that Apple is selling so many "toys" and that a "toy" company is sitting as the wealthiest company by market cap on the planet. Who woulda thunk? I never dreamed it could or would happen even as Apple passed Microsoft's market cap. I hope that Apple is able to slowly climb in value over the next couple of years without any major mishaps.
Warren Buffett has assured Amazon investors that he will keep the company afloat as long as it takes to become bigger than Apple, so he can retire as rich man. He likes Jeff Bezos strategy. He likes it a lot. In a week, you won't even remember that Amazon's share price is down today because the Oracle of Omaha has vowed to pour back money into Amazon and keep the P/E well above 105 because he sees a younger version of himself in Jeff Bezos. Both are wild and crazy guys...
Losing money is part of the plan. Now it all makes sense. That's why Apple has a P/E of 13 and Amazon has a P/E of 100+. You have to lose money to make money and that's Apple's problem. They're not losing enough money to make a lot more money. Why didn't I think of that before. Apple's business model is all wrong and that's why Apple's valuation is all out of whack. A company needs plenty of debt and low margins to become a Wall Street model like Amazon. It's that...
I have to wonder about Amazon and the Kindle's ecosystem. Although it's a good idea to serve Amazon Prime customers, in the end, catering to cheapskates is not the greatest thing to make money. Cheapskates always remain cheapskates and they're always looking to find ways to save money. Amazon would have to lower prices for everything and then try to move vast amounts of media content just to get a little above break-even returns. They say you can't squeeze blood out of...
Finally, someone agrees that Windows is overpriced. Hahahaha. I'm really getting a belly laugh out of the use of that money. All the iHaters are probably saying they could have gotten twice as many Windows netbooks or Android tablets for that money. The school picked the right choice of tablet. Another nail in Microsoft and Windows coffin. Bill Gates should have offered the school a special deal of free Windows 8 tablets whenever they come to be for sale.
More meaningless numbers. The media will get people thinking that Samsung is selling a mess of high-end smartphones like the Galaxy S II when in reality it will probably be more like Samsung selling millions of $50 Bada-based low-end smartphones. Next quarter it will be Samsung taking back the title because they're probably selling to all the third-world countries those low-end phones. Samsung would probably have to sell 3X the amount of smartphones that Apple does to...
What difference does it make what the market share is? All the Android tablet vendors combined including Amazon are making so little money from tablets it doesn't matter if the market share were reversed. Apple is making the major profits of market share from both smartphones and tablets. Android and vendor parters combined are making almost nothing. Why the media makes a big deal about Android tablets eating into iPad share, I really don't understand. No one actually...
The fact that switchers are moving to the Apple camp is excellent along with loyal long-term iPhone users. It's definitely showing that Apple will be able to pull new users while holding on to previous owners which will only help to continue steady iPhone growth. Getting new activations while losing previous customers is rather detrimental and could easily be happening on the Android platform. Apple just needs to keep building up a steady base of users and that will...