or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I'll go out on a limb and make a bold prediction. The iPhone will likely take back most of the market share it's lost to Android in the U.S. in a year or so. If the iPhone is available on all carriers at a cost only slightly higher than the most expensive Android smartphones, why would the average consumer choose Android smartphones? Some might want a physical keyboard and some might want Flash, some may want 4G or a 4.3" display. But I'll bet that will only add up to...
They're called CNC "milling" machines, not CNC lathes. It appears as though Apple is up to its old tricks as the Wintards like to say. Deliberately holding back inventory to hype the products. After all, if consumers aren't buying Wintel PCs, why would they be buying overpriced Apple products?
What a bunch of crap. I installed iTunes, repaired permissions and rebooted the computer. I made sure that my mp3 files targeted the new iTunes and clicked Change All. I still can't get artwork to show in the icons in any Finder view for my recently made mp3 files. Copied older mp3 files that do have artwork in the icons, lose the artwork as soon as it's copied to another folder. You'd figure Apple could fix something as simple as that, fer crissakes. In all the...
Those schools want a tablet platform with a future and support and maybe some other incentives. Supposedly they'll need 15 million tablets over a four year period. The TouchPad is officially out of production. HP is in no position to offer those Turks a tablet that's already end-of-life. However, maybe there are some schools or institutions that could use those TouchPads, but what about support. I have to say that writing off $100 million in unsold inventory is...
Maybe if you never take it out of the box. There would still be over 200,000 of them with quite a number of people thinking the same thing you are. If you're under 20 years of age and live to 80 you actually might get twice the price you paid for it. Just joking. I honestly don't think you'll ever get much for it as a collector's item.
Because jackass analysts and Wall Street like to spin it that way likely for reasons of manipulation. They're either fools or liars and I suspect they're both. There is no guarantee that having the highest market share will make a company or platform a successful one if they're throwing away profits for the sake of market share. Examples: Nokia, Dell, Acer, HP. I don't understand how people that are supposed to be brilliant in the way of finance can push such crooked...
All Apple needs to do is to continue boosting iPad 2 production and everything will take care of itself. Apple currently has all the leverage in the tablet market and just needs to keep applying pressure. As long as there is an ample supply of iPads for consumers, then Apple has nothing to worry about from rival tablet vendors. There would be absolutely no reason for consumers to even consider moving to Android tablets. It all going to be up to Foxconn and Pegatron to...
Oh, please let the iPhone gains on Verizon be the start of a major tipping point of the iPhone being able to defend itself against Android growth. If the iPhone can control at least 35% of market share on every carrier in the U.S. that would be a huge win for Apple and iOS. That much revenue from iPhones per quarter would be tremendous and could really push up Apple's share price over $400.
I pretty much thought the Xoom was dead, but I guess I was wrong. Well, if Delta gives both a fair test, the best device for the job will probably win. The Xoom won't be able to undercut the iPad in cost so it won't be a matter of cost savings if they go with the Xoom. In fact, if Delta used the iPad 1 it would be less expensive than the Xoom but I'm sure Delta isn't going to do that. An airline would be foolish to just go with the cheapest product it could buy.
I can't believe that those Wintel manufacturers want to be subsidized by Intel to build ultrabooks. Those Windows PC vendors don't even have to sell ultrabooks if they don't want to. It's their choice. Who knows, there may be plenty of consumers out there that have no interest in buying MacBook Air-class notebooks. These companies better learn how to build higher-quality, higher-cost notebooks and be able to get consumers to buy them just as Apple does. Intel isn't in...