or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I have a 24" iMac and I think it's an excellent machine. The only change I would want to the iMac line would be able to have a user-replaceable hard drive (It will never happen). Although I keep most of my files backed up to an external hard drive, I like the idea of being able to replace the internal drive from time to time. However, my main issue is that if the machine breaks (from some other failure) and I need it repaired, Apple will just keep that drive and read...
"The RIM PlayBook is the real deal. It's exactly what enterprises are waiting for. iPads are just toys and no good for anything else except playing games." How many jackasses made that claim and now you can't even give those PlayBooks away? There are far too many retarded people who are in charge of running the enterprise computing platforms.
There are still a lot of supposedly brilliant people, critics and pundits that claim the iPad is one of the most useless devices that was ever made and that absolutely no one has any use for one after spending more than an hour with it. They'd prefer if those kiosks were running Windows netbooks because the Windows netbook can do so much more for anyone who uses it. This is the sort of attitude that is rather amazing. Consumers and businesses are using them all the time...
You called it. Some people just want change for the sake of change. How about "Well, Android devices are getting such and such, so why doesn't Apple do it that way?" I've heard that time and time again how Apple is falling behind this or that. Then once Apple makes a change, it will be "Why did Apple go and make that change because all my peripherals are now obsolete." You just can't please everyone. The current dock connector works well for me and I sure don't see...
Basically, it appears that the top companies host search engines and that's why they get so much traffic. Only Facebook's social network does nearly as well which I find rather impressive.
It's nice to hear that iPhones and iPads are being used in many different fields of business. Considering that some people are still calling these products toys, I'm glad there are some sensible people taking advantage of Apple products and putting them to good use. It's nice to know that these businesses aren't waiting for Windows 8 tablets which will arrive late next year.
Useless speculation. I think these analysts just like to hear themselves talk. How is this speculation helping Apple or investors? Apple will sell as many products as consumers are willing or able to buy. Investors are already wary of Apple with Wall Street giving it such low growth potential so these numbers are not going to entice potential investors who think this guy is just making up numbers in his head and he probably is.
If the share price is going to continue to fall, it won't matter to shareholders how much revenue Apple is pulling in. I'm not blaming Apple for the situation, I'm only saying that bullish outlooks mean nothing if shareholders continue to see bearish results. When it comes to Apple, Wall Street continues to look years into the future so that they can devalue the company despite current record earnings. You might say that Apple is being priced to fail which makes very...
That's unlikely to happen. Apple is holding the deck and will keep dealing Android and Google deuces while keeping all the high cards and face cards to itself. At some point in the near future, Apple will probably corner the NAND flash market and the hi-res display market and will leave only table scraps for competitors. Apple is already starting to force competitors out of the tablet business and will likely do the same in the smartphone business. Companies can only...
I'd like to know why analysts don't try to delve into Amazon's supply channels to "guesstimate" how many Kindles are being sold. In fact, since Wall Street is always asking for transparency, why don't they press Amazon to report sales of every model Kindle made. I'd say it was rather unfair that some companies are given a free pass. Shouldn't Amazon be under the same scrutiny of Wall Street that Apple is? Why should Jeff Bezos be able to tell investors something like...