or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Why the hell would Apple do something like that? The whole point is to sell IPADS, not Kindles or don't you get how Apple works. Software to sell the HARDWARE, APPLE HARDWARE! Seriously, that is how Apple works. They're not Amazon or Google giving away free software to other platforms. That's how and why Apple is making the big bucks. Maybe a third-party software designer will create some mobi converter. Of course, the copycat Android boys at Google will develop...
I read what a commenter said about this on another site and that what Apple might be doing is nothing special since there are companies that have been trying to create electronic textbooks for years like the Kno company. I believe if Apple can offer less expensive iPads for schools and also create some tools to get textbooks on to them, they could have a huge advantage over other tablet ecosystems. iTunes U is a fantastic learning tool for collaboration and I always...
Kindle Fire this and Kindle Fire that... Why don't they say that the Kindle Touch is also eating into iPad sales. I really don't get it. The Kindle Fire isn't even close in features to compare to the iPad and the price is nowhere's near iPad price, either. That's like saying Nissan Sentra sales are eating into BMW M3 Coupe sales merely because they lumping all certain size cars together. No one ever mentions how many Fires are getting returned because they don't want...
Too bad there's so much trouble for iPhone sales. Getting an iPhone should be a happy occasion. In the U.S. the crowds and lines seem rather tame and civil. i've only been to a couple of Apple store openings and everyone around me seemed to be having a grand old time. I'd always heard that American were the pushy and forceful ones and the Chinese are into some calm Zen space.
\ It sounds like a GPU pissing contest. Is all that power actually necessary in a smartphone? I can understand if they're going for battery life, but 20X power seems to be going a bit overboard. I suppose I just can't grasp what that power is going to be used for since it's most games that need to push lots of pixels around. Is it the HD display that requires all that GPU power?
It's a shame that record earnings doesn't help boost Apple share price to any degree. The bulls will again be disappointed when hardly any investors purchase Apple stock around earnings. Analysts continue to boost target prices but the share price barely moves. At least Apple shares today aren't down as much as most tech stocks, so I guess I should consider myself lucky that Apple shares have stayed over $400 for a week or so which is somewhat satisfactory. The last...
I have a 24" iMac and I think it's an excellent machine. The only change I would want to the iMac line would be able to have a user-replaceable hard drive (It will never happen). Although I keep most of my files backed up to an external hard drive, I like the idea of being able to replace the internal drive from time to time. However, my main issue is that if the machine breaks (from some other failure) and I need it repaired, Apple will just keep that drive and read...
"The RIM PlayBook is the real deal. It's exactly what enterprises are waiting for. iPads are just toys and no good for anything else except playing games." How many jackasses made that claim and now you can't even give those PlayBooks away? There are far too many retarded people who are in charge of running the enterprise computing platforms.
There are still a lot of supposedly brilliant people, critics and pundits that claim the iPad is one of the most useless devices that was ever made and that absolutely no one has any use for one after spending more than an hour with it. They'd prefer if those kiosks were running Windows netbooks because the Windows netbook can do so much more for anyone who uses it. This is the sort of attitude that is rather amazing. Consumers and businesses are using them all the time...
You called it. Some people just want change for the sake of change. How about "Well, Android devices are getting such and such, so why doesn't Apple do it that way?" I've heard that time and time again how Apple is falling behind this or that. Then once Apple makes a change, it will be "Why did Apple go and make that change because all my peripherals are now obsolete." You just can't please everyone. The current dock connector works well for me and I sure don't see...