or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

It's so weird.  I'm always reading articles saying how the iPhone display is too small to be useful.  I still see people using iPhones but maybe they're hoping for large displays in the future.  I'm really curious to find out how many consumers actually want larger smartphones.  I'm sure it depends on the global region.  Koreans seem to prefer larger smartphones but obviously the Japanese can make do without them.  In China I figure it may all be about pricing or bang for...
I don't understand why these smartphone manufacturers continue to hang in and lose money.  It doesn't make any sense to just keep getting pounded quarter after quarter.  I'm sure there must be other things they can do where they can be profitable.  With Google's stupid, freely licensed Android OS, everyone and their mother thinks they can be some smartphone mogul building dirt-cheap smartphones out from their garages and basements.  There's simply just too much of a glut...
I'm willing to bet Samsung is selling a heck of a lot of Galaxy S5 units.  I've seen the pricing and I'm sure people think its an absolute bargain for $99 or BOGO.  Samsung is going to definitely increase market share and will be boasting about how many Galaxy S5 units were sold.  $99 for a brand new flagship smartphone is unheard of in such a short time.  Samsung is practically giving the S5 away and yet Apple is going to try to increase the price of the iPhone 6.  How...
All the little birdies go "Cheap, cheap, cheap."  Most global consumers are all pecking around for low-cost Android tablets.  Most consumers don't care if a tablet is made out of plastic.  They're only looking to save a bunch of bucks.  So many people consider the cost of an iPad as outrageously high and the price gap of the iPad is considered much larger than the performance and feature gap of the iPad.  It looks as though Apple is going to force the Android manufacturers...
Things are looking up for Apple's share price and I'm definitely satisfied with the movement and increased dividends.  I'm not hoping for some outrageous price target and if Apple can maintain $600 for the next few months I'll have no complaints at all about what moves Tim Cook has done to raise Apple's share price to this level.  It certainly seemed for quite a long while, Apple's share price didn't move at all despite all those management moves.  I have a good feeling...
Exactly how does Apple monetize iBeacon tech?  Apple isn't building iBeacon hardware, right, so how does Apple make money from it.  Is iBeacon software being licensed to users?
I don't quite see how this smartphone will be that much different from every other smartphone on the planet except for this 3D-sensing whatever feature.  I suppose Apple should pretty much ignore Amazon's attempts because it really doesn't seem as though Amazon is trying to get into Apple's face with products.  Amazon is basically providing its own hardware conduit to Amazon's after-sales of content.  Amazon may even provide its own special low-priced carrier plan which...
Analysts seem to be always ready to jump the gun with increased sales for products that don't even exist. It's a nice positive outlook for a change but I'd certainly temper some of that enthusiasm if Apple intends to charge $100 more per iPhone providing that cost shows up in the initial purchase. The extra cost runs somewhat counter to the general reasoning of the commoditization of the smartphone. Apple would clearly have to have a product that stands out from every...
Burn, baby, burn! I'm sure Corning has a some new reasons why Apple is throwing away good money using synthetic sapphire when Corning is ready with Gorilla Glass 3, with GG 4 and GG5 on the horizon. I don't know if Apple will be using sapphire for their displays but there's certainly a world need for man-made sapphire for many other uses. Apple could revolutionize the medical profession with an abundant supply of super-sharp scalpels.
I think Apple could afford to be able to give loyal iPhone users and potential iPhone users a choice of at least two display sizes.  What's the big deal for Apple to build another iPhone variance.  I doubt they lose anything by doing so and possibly have much to gain (sales-wise).  There at least has to be some demand for an iPhone with a larger display.  Tim Cook originally gave his reasons why Apple wasn't building larger display iPhones but consumers didn't seem to be...