or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Leading by following is a classic Bizarro World-concept.  I'd seen Bizarro Superman use it many times.  Everything is the exact opposite to the normal world.  In a way, Samsung is an imperfect duplicate of Apple, so in some twisted and distorted way what Samsung is saying makes complete sense if you live on Htrae, the Bizarro homeworld.
So, is Apple going to tear down all the brick and erect an entirely glass building in its place?  Considering how most Apple stores are, this structure doesn't seem to stand much of a chance of surviving.  I suppose it could end up more like the Grand Central Station store but it wouldn't look much like an Apple Store from the outside unless it had some huge Apple logo in front or a huge glass structure on the roof.
Too late for this short documentary to have any impact on Wall Street's thinking about iOS devices.  Wall Street already knows Android has 80% of the smartphone market share and the Android tablet market share has already overtaken the iPad's market share.  We all know that market share is the most important metric in valuing a company's worth.  This one ad isn't going to help change the fortunes of a doomed company.  Besides, everyone already knows Nokia holds the record...
But... but... but EVERYONE says you can't create content on an iPad.  It can only be used for content consumption.  Could Bentley be lying about how this ad was created?  Something doesn't add up.     /s
I think that's what's throwing this whole movement towards larger sized smartphones out of skew.  Initial purchase price.  There's some basic assumption that everyone loves larger displays but I think that cheaper pricing of larger display Android smartphones that may be the real driver towards larger smartphones.  I'm sure some consumers do want larger displays but I'm willing to bet they'd settle for a smaller display iPhone if the price is lower.  Smartphones won't...
Have you tried packing it in dry ice when using it?  That should keep it cool enough so it won't have any heat-related problems.
But... but... but the Japanese were supposed to hate the iPhone because their feature-phones were so much more functional (well that's what the analysts had always said).  There's still no place to attach a Hello Kitty strap to the iPhone which is a must-have feature.  Apple is very fortunate that the Japanese don't have a whole lot of love for South Korea and S. K. companies.  Apple practically wins Japanese smartphone market share by default.  The iPhone causing both...
So, then why does Wall Street claim Apple won't continue to exist without Steve Jobs running the company?  There are analysts that flat-out say unless the iPhone can keep up with the latest Android smartphones there's no hope for the company.  Supposedly, the iPhone's 3.5" display is killing sales and the main cause for Apple's rapid loss in market share.  There is absolutely something wrong with what is being said by the news media and tech pundits and the reality of the...
It's so weird.  I'm always reading articles saying how the iPhone display is too small to be useful.  I still see people using iPhones but maybe they're hoping for large displays in the future.  I'm really curious to find out how many consumers actually want larger smartphones.  I'm sure it depends on the global region.  Koreans seem to prefer larger smartphones but obviously the Japanese can make do without them.  In China I figure it may all be about pricing or bang for...
I don't understand why these smartphone manufacturers continue to hang in and lose money.  It doesn't make any sense to just keep getting pounded quarter after quarter.  I'm sure there must be other things they can do where they can be profitable.  With Google's stupid, freely licensed Android OS, everyone and their mother thinks they can be some smartphone mogul building dirt-cheap smartphones out from their garages and basements.  There's simply just too much of a glut...