or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Considering how many pundits are still claiming how Apple is struggling for survival and the Apple is doomed meme is still in full force that Apple was able to climb up one more spot on the Fortune 500 list.  Maybe Apple should be on the Misfortune 500 list because investors are so afraid that Apple is falling further and further behind Google and Android.  I wonder where Google is on that Fortune 500 list since everyone says that Google is such a better company than Apple...
I've heard that Apple has nearly 700 million iOS devices in service so a close to 90% upgrade rate is rather impressive.  I'm guessing that there are devices that can't be upgraded because they're too old.  Compared to Android Apple is doing rather well by keeping everything up-to-date in terms of security.  A lot of Android devices take months to upgrade due to carriers taking their sweet time or not bothering to upgrade certain devices at all.  And yet Wall Street thinks...
I can't say much about one streaming company "killing" another but I'm sure if any company can monetize streaming music and make it profitable, Apple probably can.  It doesn't mean that Apple's streaming format or UI will be a lot better or suit everyone but iTunes along with Beats Music talent, should be able to work out some decent music play format.  I mainly like Spotify because it runs on many devices, I'm comfortable with the user interface and I can listen to whole...
It makes sense that Chinese regulators want subsidies cut.  They would rather the Chinese consumer buy the less expensive homegrown smartphones rather than buying higher-priced foreign brands.  There's nothing wrong with them trying to favor their own local brands.  However... Apple certainly does invest a lot of money into China and the Chinese consumer is certainly asking for Apple products, so I think everything will balance out and in the short-term Apple is not likely...
When the next iPhone goes on sale, all the analysts are going to be busting their asses trying to downplay record iPhone sales by claiming Apple has far more carriers so selling ten or so million iPhones the first weekend doesn't really mean all that much.  I feel certain Apple is going to break iPhone sales records with China Mobile and DoCoMo on board.  I don't seem much in the way of iPhone sales coming from India, though.  I think it's going to be hard for Apple to...
This would represent a good sample of others:  http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/android-tablets_4781/All-3?currency=USD&litb_from=paid_adwords_search&adword_mt=b&adword_ct=37964936731&adword_kw=%2Btablets&adword_pos=1s5&adword_pl=&adword_net=g&adword_tar=&gclid=CjgKEAjwkpacBRCNlprWw-u-nBwSJACwHiw-5xXM6wxQUlb1jz2Pr_Nw_7dRAZ7J1Qxi0l446R-5nfD_BwEThis is the type of crap that the iPad is being compared to.  I have no doubt that there are plenty of emerging nation consumers using...
Or go up higher if Apple gets added to the Dow.  I'm not getting greedy.  I'd like to see Apple hold this level for at least a couple of weeks and continue yearly dividend increases.  Apple isn't Priceline, Tesla or Netflix so I don't expect huge gains like they get.  However, if Apple clears the $650 mark by the end of the year, I'll definitely be satisfied.  I trust Apple will do what it needs to but I don't trust the stock market at all.  There are too many profitless...
It's been claimed that Apple knows absolutely nothing about connected homes and "the Internet of Things" so this would be quite a surprise to the news media.  Everyone says that only Google is capable of putting control of the home into users' hands and that Apple's core hardware business will be obsolete in a few years.  My take is that Apple can always acquire what it needs to stay relevant but the news media and analysts say it isn't possible.  I don't know why it is...
I don't believe they have to be the perfect fit but I'm sure there are some compromises that can be met.  Iovine and Dr. Dre are businessmen and I'm sure they have very good connections to the music business that Apple could use.  They're probably going to be used strictly as advisers and so they probably won't be punching a clock.  They may have a few meetings every so often and come up with ideas.  I honestly don't see how spending $3.2 billion is going to hurt Apple in...
Send in the Apple troops.  The new Desert Storm is about to begin.  Time to kick some Android ass and drive Google and Samsung out of the entire Arabian Gulf region.