or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I'd sure be interested in having a similar user satisfaction poll for various Android smartphones to see how close they come to the iPhone. Since Android fanbois claim that high-end Android smartphones are every bit as good and maybe better than the iPhone is, I'm guessing user satisfaction for those smartphones would pretty much match or exceed the iPhone's. \ They shouldn't include the low-end Android smartphones in the poll because chances are those low-end models...
Whether iPads are classified as toys, computers or glorified eReaders, consumers are buying them at the same price and maybe more than the cost of a 'real' computer and that's all that really matters. Apple is taking money away from rivals. Apple doesn't care what iPads are classified as by the media. Consumers are willing to pay for iPads as either a replacement or an alternative to Windows PCs. That's a huge win for Apple and I'm sure Wintel rivals are jealous as all...
I'm willing to bet that this is one of the reasons why Wall Street will be very happy to see Apple fail and why there is so much anti-Apple hate in the media. There's always this undertone of Apple device-based component supply chain disruptions and Apple failing to meet analysts' expectations, no matter how many products they sell. This despite Apple numbers eating into many other computer manufacturers' sales numbers. No doubt there are plenty of hedge funds that are...
I'm sure iPad demand is waning as we speak. Everyone that wanted one, already has one. Absolutely no group of consumers, businesses or organizations want anything more to do with iPads. They're all waiting for Windows 8 tablets. Apple is doomed. I always enjoy hearing the argument of some person saying. "I honestly can't see any use in owning a tablet because it just doesn't fulfill my primal needs therefore I believe that the iPad fad is over."
Apple may be undervalued, but it looks like it's going to be more undervalued moving towards the new year. Nothing seems to be stopping Apple's continued share price drop. No matter how good a quarter Apple has, it's well assured that Apple's share price will not return to former levels. It's too late for that this year. Wall Street has already given Apple up for dead along with the late Steve Jobs. Wall Street is betting that Apple has no future but I'm rather...
Apple is nothing like the NYC Metropolitan Transit Authority. No way is Apple going to provide a three to one redundancy for every employee. Apple should provide some free services to the town like bandwidth or iPads or MacBooks for the schools, but that's about as far as should be expected. Everyone should definitely know by now that it's not in Apple's DNA to give away things for free.
It's getting so that anything that Apple does proves to be a disappointment. That's what happens when a company has been an achiever and then it becomes expected to excel at everything. I'm fairly certain that before the center had been built, Apple gave statistics on how many jobs the center would provide when completed and it certainly wasn't that high a number of jobs. I don't think this should really surprise anyone that made the decisions of bringing the data...
I think the original iPad was also considered a disappointment (no camera, lack of ports, etc.). I doubt that there is anything Apple can come out with that will exceed expectations or won't be a disappointment. Apple is being set up by the media and Wall Street as a company that underachieves. I'm not saying the company is underachieving, I'm saying that that's how it's being made to look for investors. Since most Android smartphones have rather limited production...
Still, it's like pointing out that Apple only has 10% desktop market share and 90% remains untapped as potential Apple desktop users. The potential may be there, but the conversion is very hard to do if not impossible. Wall Street is always betting that Apple can't convert users in high quantity because their products cost too much relative to Wintel products or Android-class products. Apple just isn't that greedy a company to tackle huge amounts of market share in a...
PC manufacturers giving up the tablet platform. Hurrah. That sounds like absolutely great news for Apple shareholders. I had a strong feeling that Apple's economies of scale and multi-product ecosystem would be too much for competitors to cope with. Now I won't have to constantly hear those Wall Street jackasses talking about how the iPad is going to be overwhelmed by a gazillion tablet vendors selling $200 Android tablets. If there really is a tablet market, Apple...