or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Interesting article, but I'm more interested in finding out why Apple is deliberately being set up to fail on earning's announcements and how this all relates to Apple's stagnant share price. It still doesn't make sense how a company can be making more and more money every quarter and the share price basically stays flat. There wouldn't seem to be any incentive to invest into a successful company that prevents a shareholder from making any significant gains over a six...
Now if Apple could only entice just 1% of those commuters on a daily basis to buy products from the GCT retail store, Apple could really produce a serious halo for Apple products.
I see the analysts are again setting up Apple shareholders to take a fall. 30 million iPhones? If Apple ends up selling 29.9 million iPhones, the stock will drop like a stone. I really wonder why it is necessary to constantly revise numbers during a quarter. Do they think that investors are going to put money in Apple based on something like that. The bulls say that Apple is already undervalued, so if if iPhone numbers stayed at 28 million, that's still iPhone growth...
Disappointing seems to be the new catchphrase to describe all things Apple. Apple seems to be disappointing everyone lately. I'm surprised that anyone is buying or holding Apple shares at this point. Would anyone happen to know which company is not disappointing Wall Street, so I can pick up a few shares and not be disappointed? Has ExxonMobil been disappointing any investors lately or have they managed to pump up more oil out of the ground at an accelerated rate?
You called it perfectly. It doesn't matter how much money Apple makes overall per quarter. It only matters that individual product unit sales expectations are reached. A miss on any one product will be a major disappointment to Wall Street and that will set up for a drop in Apple's share price. It doesn't even matter if high sales of one product offsets the lower sales of another product. Apple must meet and preferably beat every sales expectation of every product in...
But it's plain to see the Windows netbook market collapsed after the iPad was introduced. Steve said that netbooks were crappy and that users were dissatisfied with them and he was right. I'm willing to bet that if you placed an iPad and a Kindle Fire together and let even young children decide which one was easier to use and was the most responsive, I'll bet the iPad would be preferred by most. I'm not saying the Kindle Fire isn't decent, but we need to keep things in...
Why are these analysts so certain that the Kindle Fire is eating into iPad sales. That's like saying Hyundai Sonata sales are eating into Lexus IS sales. When there is that much of a price difference in products what makes them think people that are buying the cheaper products are taking away from the more expensive products. Chances are those consumers buying the much lower-priced product never had their sights set on the more expensive offering. The Kindle Fire is...
Anyone with half a brain should realize that trying to run Windows desktop applications on a thin profile tablet will be fraught with compromises. Processor and battery technology just isn't up to that yet. These people that think they're going to have iPad-class Windows tablets that do double duty as a desktop computer are asking for too much. I'm fairly certain that Apple might have tried porting OSX to an iPad if it was that easy to do. I'm sure Apple realized that...
I'd personally like to see Apple corner the NAND drive market for the next six months and see how well the competition fares without being able to get any storage. I'd like to see how anti-Apple media manages to claim that Apple will suffer the most during drive shortages. I hope Apple can keep up with demand if the Wintel notebook industry goes soft due to component shortages. It could sway a lot of fence sitters to get an Apple notebook if Wintel notebooks aren't...
Oh, hell, no? Why would they be using that low-end mess? This is the hardware that's being used in the Maiden data center facility: http://blog.fosketts.net/2011/06/06/...uipment-apple/