or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Apple seems to be caring less and less about iPods, seeing how the Classic and iPod Touch haven't been upgraded at all. Hopefully, the next version of the iPod Touch will see at least a processor upgrade to the A5. The Classic with it's hard drive will probably be tossed aside despite it being such a capable mp3 player.
I'll probably be very sad for the next few keynotes knowing that Steve Jobs won't ever be on stage again. He was just so entertaining to watch and listen to with his "amazing, magical, and awesome" dialogue, moving about as though he were holding court. What a terrible loss of such a captivating speaker. Now, every Apple executive speaker is going to have to face that unfair comparison at every keynote address. Of all the CEO's of the major tech companies, Steve Jobs...
[QUOTE] While Consumer Reports is now recommending the iPhone 4S, the group said that Apple's latest handset was unable to outscore the best new Android-based phones. Smartphones that Consumer Reports said ranked higher than the iPhone 4S were the Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Droid Bionic, and "several other phones that boast larger displays than the iPhone 4S and run on faster 4G networks." [QUOTE] So, Consumer Reports confirms that Android is winning... This...
I remember so well when the iPhone first came out in 2007 and how so many know-it-alls and pundits were saying that the iPhone would never sell in significant numbers in Korea because they said that the Korean feature-phones were so superior to the iPhone. How that has changed in a couple of years. I think more Korean consumers would purchase smartphones, but the carriers are messing with their services by keep content proprietary. \
Apple seems to be driving iPad technology out of the range of rivals if a Retina-class display is something that consumers really take to. It will force rivals to keep cutting corners to stay within a certain price range if they try to copy what Apple is doing. It's a pretty shrewd strategy for Apple as long as they don't try to push too far in making the iPad difficult to manufacture. It might stretch out production time too much. I personally question the need for...
Only 20 iPhone 4Ss in stock would tend to sell out rather quickly. At least that's what all the Droidtards are saying.
It doesn't matter how inexpensive or low-quality Android smartphones are. In Wall Street's eyes, Android is winning and will continue to win. Wall Street may be wrong, but that's still how they see it. Android devices got a later start than Apple's iPhone and blew right by the iPhone's sales numbers within a very short time. Wall Street lives by "The cheaper the product, the more you can sell." philosopy. I see it all the time that volume is always preferred over...
It still looks like a cube. iCube 1S. In other words, to the uninitiated, it appears to be pretty much the same as the original cube before it, with very minor enhancements.
Wall Street doesn't seem to see Apple in any dominant position in the smartphone industry. Apple doesn't seem to be be priced that way at all. It wouldn't have a constantly shrinking P/E if that were true. Wall Street seems to be betting that Android will triumph in the long-term by building cheap and disposable smartphone devices. I don't think that Wall Street sees Apple's cash bargaining power as much of an advantage since consumers overall are still buying Android...
I think he was upset by the tech-head critics because it was claimed that Apple had shown the iPad to a number top executives in various industries and they were blown away by how compact and fast the iPad was. I think most ordinary people would have been very excited about using one. Then it's shown to the tech critics who believe they know everything about computers and they were disappointed, as usual, because the iPad didn't feature every port they felt was necessary...