or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I've come to the conclusion that Apple only concerns itself about shareholders in an indirect way. Apple's main focus is to design, build and sell great products for consumers to enjoy using and that it does very well. If Apple sells enough products and builds enough revenue then I guess it's only natural that the share price will go up. I'm in my 60's and maybe I will see a dividend in a year or two. I'm not expecting it or anything since I'm Apple long since 2004 and...
260 iPads per aircraft is a decent amount of revenue. Imagine a whole fleet of airplanes all carrying iPads. That's one thing that Microsoft and partners have never managed to do. An iPad would be perfect for aircraft carrier and submarine personnel where space is at a premium. The uses for iPads seem to just grow and grow. I do remember the days when it was said by tech pundits that Apple would never sell three million iPads in a whole year. Wow! Apple must be...
Yeah, Apple needs the competition... Pffft. As if some $250 Amazon, almost-Android tablet is going to offer the iPad some competition. Apple is already so far ahead of the curve it's already halfway around the Sun and the other tablets (Android, WebOS, RIM QNX, etc.) haven't even broken Earth's orbit. Apple basically redefined the tablet market while the rest of the computer industry was christening Windows netbooks as the mobile device leader for the next few years. ...
I certainly don't expect Microsoft to fall to it knees, but I still don't see why pundits are assuming that consumers will flock to Windows 8 tablets since currently, consumers are not exactly flocking to Windows Phone 7 which seems to be rather similar in function. What is going to be the big consumer lure to throw away iPads just to get a Windows 8 tablet? I can maybe understand tech-heads or even businesses wanting to pilot Win8 tablets, but consumers, no. Microsoft...
I'm not sure where this is going to lead to. There are going to be an awful lot of iHaters out there saying that it's unfair for Apple to have reign over education and that they'd rather see 'open source' tablets that are cheaper or something to that effect. Apple is definitely going to take the lead in pilot programs. The iHaters continue to keep saying that $500+ is too expensive and I don't see it. They're getting a very high quality tablet with an excellent...
Your Canuck buddy, J. Balsillie was more interested in acquiring a hockey club than he was in building smartphones and that's one good reason why RIM is on a treacherous slope. Another reason is that one Steve Jobs is smarter than two co-CEOs. No need in going into the rest of the reasons because Apple and RIM are going in opposite directions. RIM at one point owned the smartphone industry but I guess they thought texting would last forever so they kept refining the...
Curse those freaking hedge funds. I hope all the people running them get chucked in the slammer. There ought to be some limit to how many shares of a company end up in the hands of institutions. There should be some ruling that is able to limit all hedge and institutional funds to about a total 50% so they can't as easily control a company's share price. They call them "expert networks" but they are really "criminal networks".
China Telecom is plotting to overthrow those other two carriers using a devious and highly secretive marketing plan using iPhone 5s. No one else is aware of this plot except select Apple Insider readers.
I'm guessing these analysts keep coming up with ideas in order to boost Apple's share price to where it supposed to be. It appears that not many investors are buying Apple at its current share price. Look how far Apple is away from target price estimates. Investors are eager to spend money on Netflix, Intuitive Surgical, Google and Amazon, yet they're hesitant to purchase Apple. There was some article the other day saying how investors are nervous about Apple's growth....
If I recall, just a few days ago, another analyst claimed that iPhone sales were brisk, but Mac sales would be weak. Investors honestly can't depend on these analysts for anything solid when covering Apple. They're all over the place with their sales numbers. Not that it matters one way or the other, since Apple shares will be heading down, as usual, along with the rest of the market. I'm hoping that if the next iPod Touch contains a 3G chip, it might lift iPod sales...