or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Currently, Apple's share price is so far from some of these analyst estimates as to be almost implausible. Despite Apple having the potential to pull in huge amounts of revenue it seems to be struggling just to get back to over $400 a share. Maybe the release of iPhone 5 will give the stock some forward momentum. I'm anxiously waiting for Horace Dediu of asymco to find out whether Apple is being punished for growth by WS. I hope to get some solid answers as to why...
I think those Windows users actually want low-cost crappy devices. They don't think that anything decent is worth paying for. Consumers need to realize you pretty much get what you pay for. If Steve said that Apple can't figure out how to make a decent tablet for under $500, he was probably telling the truth. Remember that before the iPad came out, it was said the price point would be slightly under $1000. Forget those BS-telling Droidtards that think it's so easy to...
You hit the nail on the head. Any reason to shave value from Apple works rather well. If Amazon manages to sell even one million fictitious tablets, it will add 10% to Amazon's share value. Just the mention of an Amazon tablet will boost Amazon's share price and lower Apple's share price.
Not necessarily. Added revenue does not mean a share price spike for Apple shareholders. Wall Street can easily compress Apple's P/E further just as Wall Street is allowing Amazon's P/E to continually expand and easily outperform Apple over the last 52 weeks. Does it even make any sense at all for Amazon with much lower earnings to outperform Apple? You make it seem easy for Apple's share price to just jump up like that. Apple's share price is still massively lagging...
It's called 'human nature'. The art of the deal. It works very well in supermarkets and department stores. Somehow, I always thought it worked mainly on women, but I guess that's because they're the ones doing most of the shopping. A shopper might pass over something they don't really need if they consider the price too high. Lower the price considerably and all of a sudden, BOOM, they've figured out a need for it. It's just too good to pass up on. Nobody wants to...
Although I'm certainly glad that demand for the iPad and iPhone is very high, it would seem odd that the iPod Touch will be neglected by not having an A5 processor since it is Apple's top-selling iPod and is being used by schools, businesses and gamers everywhere. I wouldn't think that Apple would just leave the product hanging like that unless it's absolutely necessary. In that case, Apple should just push back the date of introduction of the 5th generation iPod Touch...
What do the Wintards usually say about Apple product sell-outs? Apple always gives stores only a very limited supply of inventory so that the products run out quickly and then Apple can hype it up to the media as extremely high demand. The Wintards usually explain away the long lines as extremely slow customer service so customers get backed up around the block to boost the media hype that consumers will willingly wait in line for Apple products. So, how many MacBook...
What type of panicky jackasses are dumping Apple stock on this relatively expected news that was bound to come sooner or later. Did Apple stop selling products? Did consumer demand for iPhones and iPads suddenly stop? Will consumers stop buying from Apple retail stores? Is the company going to collapse overnight? What the hell gives with these traders? I understand that Steve has stepped down, but that doesn't mean he won't be giving any input to future products. ...
Droid does! It does allow malware.
I'll go out on a limb and make a bold prediction. The iPhone will likely take back most of the market share it's lost to Android in the U.S. in a year or so. If the iPhone is available on all carriers at a cost only slightly higher than the most expensive Android smartphones, why would the average consumer choose Android smartphones? Some might want a physical keyboard and some might want Flash, some may want 4G or a 4.3" display. But I'll bet that will only add up to...