or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

That'll be one hell of an opening. I guess I should go and get another free Apple T-shirt. I've never been on the second floor of GCT, so it'll be a chance to see what it's like up there.
Great company. Apple just has to figure out how to make Wall Street give it a proper valuation or somehow reduce the control that the hedge funds and institutions have over the company without having to compromise its long-term plans. Within a couple of years Apple could have about 500 million iOS devices in service so it needs to be very careful about meeting demand and having rigid control over all aspects of the platform. That growing war chest will allow Apple to...
Two, four, six, eight. Against which company will Apple litigate? Apple needs to deliver a crippling blow to Android growth as soon as possible which should be able to stall it for a while if it can put a higher cost for using Android for a number of smartphone vendors which in turn my increase the cost of Android smartphones to carriers and consumers. I can't wait to see the day when the Android free ride ends. At that time we shall see if Android is actually worth...
I just gotta see how the hedge fund managers are going to turn this into negative news for Apple.
There are so many people that think they can run Apple much better than Steve Jobs. Like standing on a ladder and adding another rung. If these people think they can do better than Apple, they should be passing their fantastic ideas on to Cisco or Dell or Acer to turn them into revenue powerhouses. When a company like Apple is standing far above most tech companies and somebody says Apple is slacking off, that's just pure arrogance. These non-business people think it's...
They might as well face it. Consumers all over the globe highly desire Apple products. Anyone think consumers would line up for an HP or Dell device Highly unlikely. Why should Apple be directly affected by the economy if people keep buying their products. Yes, Wall Street will find a way to lower Apple's stock undoubtedly similar to the way they did back in 2008, but Apple will continue to bring in revenue and profits even in this weak economy.
I'm sure he thinks that once Microsoft releases Windows 8 which will be preferred by businesses and by most consumer tablet users that everything will change in Microsoft's favor. There are some that honestly believe that the first Windows 8 tablet will be much better overall than Apple's 3rd or 4th generation iPad because the Windows 8 tablet will supposedly do EVERYTHING by running a full desktop OS in a 3/8" thick case. I'm sure if it were that easy then Apple could...
Did he give a reason why he chose the Dell? Did it have to do with its lower initial cost or was he just worried that IT wouldn't be able to support the Mac as well? I'm just curious. I've been on a rant as to why more Macs aren't being used in the enterprise because my Apple computers have pretty much run non-stop for years and it would seem to me that the enterprise could certainly benefit from running trouble-free Macs. I'm only basing this on my own experience so...
Me, too. That's the only way it could be done. From the very top. They've got the clout and control the cash flow. Those IT guys have dicked Mac products for years, maybe even some for good reasons, but those guys basically swore their loyalty to everything Windows without question. I'm not asking that Windows not be used. I'm only asking for a little more parity. Let employees have some say about what they'd like to use. Yes, it makes it harder to support two...
I'd be really disturbed if the Secret Service showed up at my door and started confiscating my computer equipment. Not much you can do about it. Apple has to protect itself from further planting of software on computers in their retail outlets. I wonder if this will hinder this person's future employment. Interesting project, disastrous results.