or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Apple appears to be rather stingy with its cash so the best option would be to regroup the Rockstar consortium and buy it as a group. I'm sure all the other members of the consortiuim want to blunt Android so that would be the wisest decision even if Apple pays the bulk of the cost. That'll also keep the Feds happier. As a shareholder, I see grabbing these patents as more important than immediate dividends. Call it a hedge for the future.
Not going to happen with the iPhone. It's already hit the sweet spot in size. The screen will likely fit within the bounds of the standard iPhone size case but stretched a bit. That's as far as Apple needs to go without messing up all of the third-party accessories.
I'm interested in the iPhone loyalty aspect. This one of the major reasons I don't think that Android is completely unstoppable. I can understand that many first-time buyers of Android might not know any better, but will they be happy using Android smartphones and become repeat customers. If they're not happy, they might try purchasing an iPhone for their next iPhone. Of course, they could just buy their next Android smartphone from another company. I'm not going to...
Still more rumors to manipulate Apple's stock price by claiming another "delay". Who are the sources for this rumor? These rumors belong on rumor sites and not here.
It doesn't make sense for Apple to go into the TV business. Sony is bleeding money like crazy with their TV division. Apple might be able to make more money than Sony, but it sure does seem risky to me. I wouldn't mind having a 27" iMac with HDTV capabilities but even a low end model that size would probably cost close to $2000. One can buy a pretty decent 1080P HDTV from LG, Vizio or Samsung for under $1000. I honestly don't see Apple going into this field. I could...
Those jackass Wall Street clowns think that market share is everything, no matter how little profits are generated from dumbphone sales. What's Nokia's share price now? About $6. About how many layoffs are coming? Thousands. Yeah, market share is everything. Hey, Wall Street meatsacks, you need to wake up to reality.
Why would those knuckleheads draw the conclusion that the Verizon iPhone would be ignored by Verizon users? I'd thought that they'd already done research that showed there was pent-up demand for the iPhone on the Verizon network. I don't think that consumers are all that critical about having the absolute latest version of iPhone. Sure it was 8-months old, but people are still using the 3GS, so an 8-month old certainly wouldn't be considered obsolete. These jackasses...
The Amazon tablet will benefit Amazon's shareholders a lot more than all of iPad's sales combined is helping Apple shareholders even if only a few are sold. Over the past 52 weeks, Amazon's share price percentage rise has been even better than Apple's. Wall Street will give the benefit of the doubt to Amazon being able to sell even 4 million tablets to Apple's 29 million tablets. Four million tablets being sold will be considered successful for Amazon and will...
That'll be one hell of an opening. I guess I should go and get another free Apple T-shirt. I've never been on the second floor of GCT, so it'll be a chance to see what it's like up there.
Great company. Apple just has to figure out how to make Wall Street give it a proper valuation or somehow reduce the control that the hedge funds and institutions have over the company without having to compromise its long-term plans. Within a couple of years Apple could have about 500 million iOS devices in service so it needs to be very careful about meeting demand and having rigid control over all aspects of the platform. That growing war chest will allow Apple to...