or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I suppose this is rather unlikely to happen. Far too many iHaters out there. It's always the excuse that it can be done A LOT cheaper using some Dell Streak 7. I'm surprised the damn cheapsters aren't trying to force the use of those crappy Windows netbooks because they're much, much cheaper. Don't give anyone what they want unless it's some Windows device. If somebody asked the students what they wanted to use and they said they wanted to use iPads, some jackass...
How the hell does Nokia manage to stay in business? All those cellphones, so little profit.
Don't stick your neck out too far or some angry iPhone-using samurai will use it for kubikiri practice. Hundreds of thousands? You've got to be kidding? There's 93 million Verizon subscribers and you think that only a few hundred thousand iPhones will be sold. Yeah, maybe in the first 24 hours. Jeez.
I'm starting to get goosebumps because I feel that iPhone sales are going to be huge. Somebody pinch me. With all those Flash-playing, large-display Android smartphones available with lowered prices, there's likely to be millions of Verizon subscribers begging to get their hands on an almost year-old model iPhone. Oh, the humanity for the Android fanbois who believe that Android is taking over the world and leaving Apple in shambles. I'm so anxious to see if the...
I continue to hear that Android is "winning". But exactly what is it "winning"?
I believe Apple determined that MOST consumers prefer a larger-sized screen, not that NO CONSUMER wanted 7" tablets. We'll see if what size display most consumers choose in 2011. There will be other factors such as price that may pull consumers to a smaller display. You'd likely need to do a poll to determine what size display consumers prefer.
I thought that the Galaxy Tab wasn't really considered a tablet because it doesn't have a true tablet OS. Or are there other definitions that classify a tablet what it is? I think we'll need time to see how the tablet market shapes up. Losing market share can't be helped since every million tablets that are Android-based will shift percentages in their favor quite a bit. I still don't quite understand what this pitting dozens of companies against Apple means very...
Steve will "soon go away". I'm sure he meant that Steve will die soon, punished for creating the iPhone and turning it into a "closed" platform. What difference does it matter if Apple has a closed platform and doesn't have the largest market share? It's not helping Nokia and Symbian any. I guess it always comes down to whatever platform has the largest market share, those are the one's who are "winning". A close second place doesn't count for anything? I think any...
For certain types of computer devices maybe, but who the heck could afford a 2 TB flash drive?. I'm not too familiar with manufacturing techniques of NAND, but I figure if enough effort was put into the production of NAND memory the price could be driven down quite a bit. Still, there's no need for a desktop to have only NAND memory. Use a hybrid drive with both spinning disks and NAND in one package. I've also heard that flash memory has a limited amount of write...
With the introduction of the Verizon iPhone, I figure Apple would easily jump ahead. I'm sure the Verizon iPhone is going to be in great demand by present Verizon users and I'll bet there'll be defectors from T-Mobile and Sprint wanting iPhones. If the iPad is geared up for 3 million units a month production and is available around the world, that would have to be an immense jump in revenue. There's still a wild card with the Maiden, N.C. data center. Apple is going to...