or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Exactly how does Apple monetize iBeacon tech?  Apple isn't building iBeacon hardware, right, so how does Apple make money from it.  Is iBeacon software being licensed to users?
I don't quite see how this smartphone will be that much different from every other smartphone on the planet except for this 3D-sensing whatever feature.  I suppose Apple should pretty much ignore Amazon's attempts because it really doesn't seem as though Amazon is trying to get into Apple's face with products.  Amazon is basically providing its own hardware conduit to Amazon's after-sales of content.  Amazon may even provide its own special low-priced carrier plan which...
Analysts seem to be always ready to jump the gun with increased sales for products that don't even exist. It's a nice positive outlook for a change but I'd certainly temper some of that enthusiasm if Apple intends to charge $100 more per iPhone providing that cost shows up in the initial purchase. The extra cost runs somewhat counter to the general reasoning of the commoditization of the smartphone. Apple would clearly have to have a product that stands out from every...
Burn, baby, burn! I'm sure Corning has a some new reasons why Apple is throwing away good money using synthetic sapphire when Corning is ready with Gorilla Glass 3, with GG 4 and GG5 on the horizon. I don't know if Apple will be using sapphire for their displays but there's certainly a world need for man-made sapphire for many other uses. Apple could revolutionize the medical profession with an abundant supply of super-sharp scalpels.
I think Apple could afford to be able to give loyal iPhone users and potential iPhone users a choice of at least two display sizes.  What's the big deal for Apple to build another iPhone variance.  I doubt they lose anything by doing so and possibly have much to gain (sales-wise).  There at least has to be some demand for an iPhone with a larger display.  Tim Cook originally gave his reasons why Apple wasn't building larger display iPhones but consumers didn't seem to be...
I don't understand why rapid growth makes a company so valuable to investors.  I would think that slow and steady growth with a long range outlook would be more valuable.  Companies that quickly spurt can burn out just as fast for so many reasons.  Multiple companies in the same market, each trying to spurt, would only seem to create a saturation point a lot faster.  Once that market is saturated, then bye-bye to rapid growth.  At that point, then suddenly those companies...
"As I have said before, just because a company makes a lot of profit, it doesn't mean their stock will go up." This is the sort of thing I can't rationalize about the stock market.  It seems to me as though a profitable company should reward shareholders more than a company that barely makes any profits.  That should be the true purpose of investing into a solid company.  What I'm seeing is investors simply gambling with things like momentum and putting money into...
I won't be complaining anymore about Apple being shareholder unfriendly.  How was I to know what Apple was going to do until I see the results?  I certainly thought Apple was going to botch another quarter but fortunately I was wrong.  I'm sure everyone must have been surprised about the 7 for 1 split.  As a shareholder, I'm being left clueless.  The only thing I was hopeful of was that Apple was buying back shares as the stock went down and down and down.  However, if I...
Can the iPhone read heart rate with a specialized app?  I really thought the Galaxy S5 was the only smartphone capable of that.
Nike isn't ceding the market to Apple because Apple has no wearable devices as of yet.  Nike is ceding it to Android/Samsung/Motorola.  Nike wouldn't stand a chance against Google's Destroyer OS or Samsung's Tizen.  By the time Apple gets into the wearables market, they'll be lucky to grab 5% of that potentially lucrative market.  Samsung already dominates the entire smartwatch market with Galaxy Gear and Motorola's 360 might get lucky and snatch the rest.  Apple is well...