or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

It was claimed that the Motorola Atrix fingerprint reader worked OK for a while.  The main problem was sensor wear and over time the reader become less and less reliable.  Apple sapphire laminate layer is nearly as hard and wear resistant as diamond so it should, in theory, be reliable over a few years.  I don't know what substance the Atrix used but apparently it wasn't wear resistant over even hundreds of uses.  I'm sure Samsung must have run simulations or tests to make...
That only further reinforces what a poor investment Apple is for (recent) shareholders.  It's no longer practical to invest in a company that turns profits because it will only bring further grief to shareholders who expect better returns.  Apple isn't doing great but Wall Street considers Apple to be much worse than that.  The market is still reaching nearly all-time highs but Apple stock indicates the company is barely treading water.  When Apple misses expectations this...
I don't know why you people think some mythical new products are going to change Apple's fortunes around.  All Apple amounts to now is a company that sells iPhones.  After Apple handed over its iPhone empire to Samsung, Apple's value got sucked out of it and will probably never return.  iWatches and AppleTV aren't worth a damn as far as Apple's revenue stream is concerned.  Tim Cook was just plain stupid for not defending Apple's smartphone business.  The company lost all...
I'd say you'd need to convince Wall Street investors that profits are more important than market share.  But I think what you'd say would certainly fall on deaf ears.  Investors are certain Apple's iPhone growth has peaked and can go nowhere but down.  What's worse is that they believe Android which has already has 80% or so market share will continue to climb.  That's the breaks.
You people might as well face the facts that the iPhone is always going to be compared to the lowest common denominator of Android or Windows Phone.  Wall Street is only interested in how many smartphones are being sold/shipped in unit numbers and they've already decided Apple isn't selling enough iPhones.  Investors are no longer happy with Apple's sales numbers and nothing is going to change that.  Most investors feel that Apple should be selling at least 10 million more...
The courts will never grant Apple that amount of money or anything even close.  The courts are already sick and tired of Apple's whining.  Although I'd like to see Apple run Samsung and Android, it's not going to happen.  Apple's smartphone market share is so pitiful, the game is already over.
I thought that originally everyone in the smartphone industry said the whole nonsense about the A7 was just marketing BS.  However, aren't Qualcomm's high-end Snapdragon chips every bit as powerful as Apple's A7?  I'm guessing that all the different companies high-end processors are pretty much in the same ballpark when it comes to processing power.  Usually one company never gets that much further than another because most companies are privy to the same technology.  It's...
None of this pro-Apple talk makes any sense.  Almost no sane investor on Wall Street would bet on on Apple's survival against Google and Android.  Most are sure that Apple will only continue dropping from the 2012 starting point of its infamous death spiral.  Apple is still being valued for zero growth and even Microsoft is seen as having better growth prospects than Apple.  Microsoft is probably just making a mistake betting on Apple's iPad or simply had too much money...
Sapphire can be used for so many other things outside of the electronics industry such as the medical profession as micro-scalpels.  No matter what Apple does with the sapphire, G.T. Advanced Technologies should make a fortune being able to ramp up sapphire production the way it is and backed by such a wealthy company.
You should be writing science fiction novels with your active imagination.  You make this simple production plant seem pretty exciting with all those far-flung possibilities.  Too bad Apple is only going to use the sapphire as a protective face for iWatch.  Wall Street simply sees this plant as a waste of good money that could be spent on more buybacks.  Wall Street has no imagination at all.