or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Here's wishing to all you Apple shareholders a very Merry iPad Christmas. All those iHaters who are hoping for Apple iPads to fail miserably are going to end up butt-hurt. I have no doubt those $100 white box Android tablets are sucking up market share like a sump-pump but that is not going to seriously impact Apple's bottom line. Most of those cheap Android tablets will probably just end up as landfill in a year's time.
But... but... but the analysts keep saying that almost no consumer in China can afford an iPhone. Hehe. However, there may be a few consumers in China who don't bother listening to analysts. Those analysts really look down on the Chinese race as a bunch of paupers who don't have any dreams of moving up in life, implying things like out of 750 million China Mobile subscribers only less than 2% of those subscribers can scrape together enough RMBs to purchase a subsidized...
What's funny is that the iPhone 5s and 5c sold 9 million units in a weekend and was considered a fail. Apple can do nothing right in the eyes of the news media. I have to admit Samsung kicked Apple's butt in sales last year but not all smartphones are created equally. Unfortunately for Apple, Wall Street doesn't care about models or cost, only the total number of units sold matters.
Oh, noes! Big brother is watching you and tracking your every move.
I had heard the China Mobile deal was not priced into the current price targets I honestly don't see how analysts would dare price in a deal that hadn't been made. That would be pretty stupid of them. Anyway, I'm looking for a bit more of a boost in Apple's share price this week. A Friday close of $575 seems doable or more likely just my wishful thinking. I'm not looking for huge sales of iPhones in China but every little bit helps. Four to five million more iPhones...
Eff Icahn, but I wouldn't mind Apple giving me a larger dividend if they refuse to make some decent acquisitions to boost revenue. It's going to be very hard to get fair shareholder value and a better share price, but Apple can easily boost dividends and it might help pull in a few more institutional investors as a result. Apple will continue to be a tech laggard for the rest of 2013 and with all that cash Apple is sitting on, there's really no reason at all for...
Because it's all about market share and nothing else matters.  Any company that loses overall market share is considered doomed.  There is a general belief that no company can remain viable with a small amount of market share.  There is the perception that any company or platform that offers cheap products will always come out ahead.  If Wall Street had written about the Battle of Thermopylae, the Greek Army would have suffered defeat in an instant.  Those 300 Spartans...
Further proof that Apple is doomed. If I don't see actual figures, it didn't happen. Only Jeff Bezos can get away with telling everyone that Amazon sold a boatload of Kindles and no one will dare to second-guess him. Investors and Wall Street believe everything that Jeff Bezos says. If Tim Cook said something like that he'd be called a liar and every analyst would be out to prove Tim Cook wrong. With Jeff Bezos there is never any doubt whatsoever and the share price...
2012 was a sick joke on Apple shareholders. So many analysts suckering mom and pop investors and Apple shareholders into believing Apple was going to be the first trillion dollar market cap company. Yeah, how Apple was going to shoot past $1000 a share. Andy Zaky was a major cheerleader in turning foolish and naive investors into paupers. There was always this talk about a cosmic Apple slingshot being pulled back which would propel Apple's share price into the stars. ...
Let's see how the news media manages to spin this into an Android positive article. I'm sure they'll find some way into turning iOS into the losing platform. I guess they can just say these are statistics that can be ignored and that only the platform with the highest global market share matters. That's how it usually turns out, anyway.