or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

"As I have said before, just because a company makes a lot of profit, it doesn't mean their stock will go up." This is the sort of thing I can't rationalize about the stock market.  It seems to me as though a profitable company should reward shareholders more than a company that barely makes any profits.  That should be the true purpose of investing into a solid company.  What I'm seeing is investors simply gambling with things like momentum and putting money into...
I won't be complaining anymore about Apple being shareholder unfriendly.  How was I to know what Apple was going to do until I see the results?  I certainly thought Apple was going to botch another quarter but fortunately I was wrong.  I'm sure everyone must have been surprised about the 7 for 1 split.  As a shareholder, I'm being left clueless.  The only thing I was hopeful of was that Apple was buying back shares as the stock went down and down and down.  However, if I...
Can the iPhone read heart rate with a specialized app?  I really thought the Galaxy S5 was the only smartphone capable of that.
Nike isn't ceding the market to Apple because Apple has no wearable devices as of yet.  Nike is ceding it to Android/Samsung/Motorola.  Nike wouldn't stand a chance against Google's Destroyer OS or Samsung's Tizen.  By the time Apple gets into the wearables market, they'll be lucky to grab 5% of that potentially lucrative market.  Samsung already dominates the entire smartwatch market with Galaxy Gear and Motorola's 360 might get lucky and snatch the rest.  Apple is well...
And to think Apple wants to jack up their new iPhone 6 pricing by another $100 because of it having a larger display.  How perverse is that?  Every smartphone company in the world has been selling super-huge display smartphones for a couple of years and only Apple needs to charge more for theirs because it contains a tiny sliver of man-made sapphire.  I just hope that $100 is going to being paid for by the carriers and not consumers.  Obviously for off-contract iPhones...
I don't see why Apple keeps trying to improve on the iPad.  All consumers really want are $200 plastic Android tablets.  It's already been shown that Apple's iPad is losing market share because consumers refuse to pay for overpriced tablets.  Wall Street has predicted that Apple is going to have a horrible quarter concerning iPad sales.  Supposedly, Apple's iPad business is going down the tubes because every company except Apple sells tablets for half the price of an iPad...
That's just to lure in suckers.  Almost everyone from the big city knows Apple stock always plummets on earnings and this quarter will be no different.  Most other tech stocks rise into the end of their financial quarters while investors have at least some hope of good things to come.  With Apple, the sell-off should start early and continue well into earnings call.  Apple stock has no support whatsoever and buying Apple stock is simply foolish if you're expecting share...
Every smartphone in the world has a large screen display, so I can't imagine what's so special about Apple's display that they'd need to charge $100 more than everyone else.  What happened to Apple's supposed economies of scale.  It seems as though as Apple sells more and more iPhones, the prices remain the same although I'm sure their margins increase.  But still and all, the margins aren't increasing enough for Wall Street's satisfaction.  Apple doesn't appear to be...
I agree with you 100% but I've got a bad reputation on this site for blaming Tim Cook for being asleep at the helm.  I heard Cook say that Apple considered large displays but the technology wasn't quite ready or at least wasn't up to Apple's standards.  I honestly wanted to believe him.  However there is the simple fact that every other smartphone manufacturer was able to make and sell them and it seems an awful lot of consumers were pleased with the larger displays and...
OMG!  Don't get me started.  I've already put an icebag on my head after hearing this.  Must... cool... down... This is the reason why Tim Cook smiles after every earnings call and says everything is just peachy dandy.