or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

You got the right idea and I think what you describe is dandy, but Apple does not build devices like you describe. First of all, APPLE HATES HARDWARE FEATURES. And do you think Apple is going to make any device thicker in order to fit all that stuff inside. Everything Apple makes has to look like Steve Jobs. Extremely thin. We're lucky they even have room for a battery inside (which is already too thin). I'm afraid to see the next iPhone because it might not be...
My take on this: Iya da! Zettai iya da! That has to be one of the sorriest kludges on the planet. WTF are these people thinking. I'd seen a Sony 1Seg transplant on a PSP and I thought that was totally sleek, and compared to this SoftBank brick, the PSP add-on was rather petite. Sony got it right. http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/17/s...1seg-tv-tuner/ I don't know whose idea this was and I'll be totally blown away if anyone bothers to purchase this monstrosity. ...
I still find it somewhat amusing that the more money Apple makes, the less value the stock has. Maybe I should say less than amusing since I'm still waiting for Apple to be actually worth $200 a share in real world value and not just in some analyst's mind.
That's what pisses me off. These guys don't have to suffer any repercussions at all if their numbers are all wrong. Only their clients suffer. When somebody gives a target price of $250 and the client starts jumping for joy and buys a crapload of stock and then ends up with a stock sitting at $100, I'm pretty sure a firing squad or necktie party would be in order in certain countries. Unless you consider this just a SLIGHT miss. If I recall all the analysts pumping...
It's gonna get pretty ugly in a year or so when Apple is the only computer maker to offer a DisplayPort interface. Probably no other computer manufacturer will use it just to spite Apple. It's the proverbial "Don't leave me hanging." But, of course, Apple users will be left "hanging" bareass to the wind. DisplayPort may be great and all that, but Apple seems to like going on it's own path regardless of the fact that Windows PC manufacturers are going to go the...
What's with Gene Munster with this target price of $250. Is this the target price five years from now? We're practically staring at an Apple share price of $25 regardless of what it's real value is. I'm sure a lot of people are going to be buying Apple notebooks, but it doesn't matter what Apple sells or how many buyers, the share price is going lower. Apple will have that much larger a cash reserve but Apple investors won't get anything out of it.
Excellent idea. I like the idea of forced indoctrination of children and adults alike. Make sure they tell the parents to bring all their credit cards. I think Apple should also sell those things they suspend over babies cribs. A nice mobile of Apple devices such as iPods, iPhones and notebooks. The first things baby sees when he wakes and the last thing he sees when he goes to sleep are Apple products. "A" is the first letter of the alphabet. All babies should...
Well, even if Apple were to only sell 400,000 iPhones, that's a pretty darn good start for a half a year considering it had been said hardly anyone in Japan would be buying iPhones due to the lack of features that come standard on high-end Japanese handsets. I hadn't really considered that the Japanese were also locked into long-term contracts that would slow down the adoption of the iPhone. If I were a Japanese handset user and were used to using FeliCa and 1Seg, I...
Telling customers to buy a BlackBerry for email seems perfectly logical since the BlackBerry is sort of legendary for sending and receiving email. The texter's dream machine. I don't know about recommending it for anything else, though. I would figure that AT&T salespeople would be just concerned about making a sale whether it's a BlackBerry or an iPhone. I would think if the customer asked for a handset with good browsing capabilities, the salesperson would...
You don't know for certain that they are only going to introduce iPods. That's why all this media stuff is so screwed up. Apple never said what was going to be introduced. We are just making assumptions. Why not just issue a press release? Truthfully, if I had a job that involved covering Apple product announcements, I'd rather go to the event than get a press release. Apple fans consider it fun. I agree that if you don't give damn about Apple products, then it's a...