or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

Are you people trying to turn Apple into a cellphone company or what? Let Apple build a Pro (heavy duty) version iPhone for the enterprise and forget about building these $100 cellphones. You say this area is for the taking, but there's seems to be an awful lot of competition in that price range. Apple has many other areas they can profit from. A tablet computer or improve upon AppleTV. A stripped-down cellphone seems downright ridiculous for Apple to produce.
It's a minor victory that Apple and the iPhone have been vindicated. But there is still the problem of what is going to be done to improve service for those experiencing problems. I guess the more iPhones in use would increase the incidents of dropped calls and poor performance. How is anything going to be done about it in a short time frame. More towers and repeaters or is new switching equipment going to be required? This could take many months. I wonder if a...
Doesn't it always seem like no matter how much Apple sells, WS is always expecting higher. I don't quite understand why this happens quarter after quarter. Still Apple should have a blowout quarter due to both high Mac and iPhone sales. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but it seems there is a good possibility from what I've been reading. Let's hope that all those teenagers and college students that have been hanging out at the Apple Stores have saved up money all summer...
If all those unexpected iPhones are being sold then why the heck isn't it doing anything for Apple's share price. They can't say that was factored in. Please let Apple get the 3G connectivity problems sorted out along with MobileMe and hopefully the case cracks will only be found on a small batch of iPhones. The more iPhones being sold the more Apple has to be on guard against media anger. Apple has to keep the iPhone looking attractive to the enterprise or the...
It sounds like good news to me. I didn't even know that Apple had an Enterprise Division. It doesn't sound like a huge number of Macs, but every single one counts.
Does anyone have any idea how HSBC is going to manage that many iPhones? I tried to pose this question on another forum, but there didn't seem to be any concern about this type of transition. The first hurdle was whether HSBC is willing to put iTunes on all of their computers in order to sync up each iPhone. If each person has iTunes on their computer, then I imagine IT wouldn't be able to control whether the person wanted to add games or any apps or media on their...
My goodness. How can the iPhone possibly be successful in Japan without having emoji and a hole for dangling trinkets? Suppose the Japanese handset user really wants the same things that are offered for Americans, perish the thought, such as a full internet browsing experience and a very simple user interface. Can the Japanese live without FeliCa and 1-Seg. I'm not sure about Apple getting around the lack of FeliCa, but 1-Seg could be replaced with simple Youtube...
Apple had to partner with AT&T to get their foot into the door. Apple will still be selling more iPhones than other company's handsets that can be used with every carrier in the world. Once the contract with AT&T expires every carrier will want the iPhone and and Apple will gladly offer it to them. Sometimes you have to give a lot to get back a lot. The original story behind the iPhone introduction was that Apple tried to work with Verizon but Verizon wasn't interested...
Ramping up production for 800,000 iPhone units a week is the "Kiss of Death" for Apple's stock price. For every 800,000 units produced, look for a drop of at least $1 in Apple's share price. Damn. Why did this bad news have to be mentioned at such a critical time? WS will have Apple by its fiscal genitals. With this lousy news, the current WS whisper numbers will be multiplied by 10X and Apple can't possibly meet those figures. As I type, Apple's share price is...
What does Apple need for the stock to go up? More of everything, lots more. And prayers. First off, iPhone 3G sales won't count for this quarter. All the earlier iPhones were deferred revenue and that little amount won't count for much either. Stolen market share from other computer makers should mean something, but only enough to keep the stock price floating about where it is. WS will again look at diminishing iPod sales and that will be enough to sink the stock...