or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

What does Apple need for the stock to go up? More of everything, lots more. And prayers. First off, iPhone 3G sales won't count for this quarter. All the earlier iPhones were deferred revenue and that little amount won't count for much either. Stolen market share from other computer makers should mean something, but only enough to keep the stock price floating about where it is. WS will again look at diminishing iPod sales and that will be enough to sink the stock...
OK, so the Mac shipment numbers look nice, but I'd like to know when Apple's stock is going to go back to $200 a share. Any numbers you can plug in to find this out. How about three months from now or six months from now or maybe two years from now. I guessing that the more numbers on Apple that you plug into a spreadsheet, will somehow make the stock price move upward. How about plugging in weekly iPhone 3G sales or daily revenue from the App Store. Think that will...
You can buy this model iPhone 3G and pray that some after-market company manages to design a battery that fits into the iPhone that will double the present battery life. Even if it costs $50 or so. I told anybody that would listen that the iPhone is too good a device to put down and the end result will be a short-lived battery life. What's really amusing is that Apple decided to use a battery with less reserve in this model even though the 3G would potentially be a...
25,000 iPhones sold in Japan is impossible. Everyone swore no Japanese would be caught dead with an iPhone because Japan already had the most sophisticated handsets in the world. The iPhone has no emoji characters, no mechanical keyboard, no Chaku Uta, no 1Seg and no FeliCa. What the heck is going on in Japan. There must be some mistake. Maybe they thought the iPhone was the latest Sony Bravia phone. Supposedly there is still pent-up demand in Japan because the...
More detail than necessary for me. There's not very much to see on the outside and I've already seen the inside on MacFixit. Too bad for those that had problems activiting their iPhones. You should have seen this coming on the first day of introduction. Not your fault but you just should have waited a few days until the excitement and activation load settled down. I don't think this sort of thing can be helped with such a huge amount of orders to process at one...
Why couldn't it just be due to iPhone 3G shortages? This story is just pure speculation. Anyway if the Canadians are whining about paying too much in carrier fees, they might as well pass up on buying an iPhone and get something else with lower carrier fees. Bless them if they think that complaining is going to do anything to reduce the rates. Maybe I should just stand in front of some gas stations and start screaming that gasoline costs too much so they'll take pity...
But if you go to the AT&T store, you might not have anyone to cheer and applaud you when you pick up your iPhone 3G. I too, think you should go to the Apple store because that's where the action is. You might even get an "iLuv my iPhone" T-shirt and a nice tan if it's a sunny day.
Would one of you brilliant number crunchers tell me when all of this huge pile of money is going to show up in Apple's stock price. Or is this money just going to sit in Apple's cash horde doing nothing for the investor. Many people on WS are still calling Apple an overvalued stock whose share price is not even worth $170. So how long will it take for WS to get a clue that all of his deferred moola is going to end up in Apple's hands? I don't see any investors rushing...
I only want to know how many iPhones have to be sold for Apple's stock price to reach $250/share. Anything less than that means absolutely nothing. Will 10 million iPhones push the stock up to $190? Units sold mean nothing, only stock price matters.
When DoCoMo rolls out these phones for the Japanese public, there will be no reason for a Japanese cellphone user to even consider an iPhone. The specs/features of some of these handsets are almost unbelievable. I don't know how useful all the features are or if the average person can master using all the features, but for a person that's willing to sit down and learn, these Japanese handsets are incredible. I honestly didn't think you could put so many features in a...