or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

I'm so glad to hear that Apple is still on track to sell 10 million iPhones by the end of 2008. There were analysts doubting it was possible and saying how many iPhones would need to be sold each month and such drivel. I was just hoping they didn't know anything and merely talking to unsettle Apple investors. I realize that it's still too early in the year to say they couldn't reach that goal. I just hope Apple can make some sort of arrangement with a decent China...
No way it will take that long for the 3G iPhone to be introduced. June or July 2008 at the latest. Apple has to be ready for the Asian rollout (Korea, Japan and China). They'll have to be 3G ready. Whether GPS is on-board I can't be sure. Apple might as well roll GPS in because every other top handset maker will have it on their best phones. They'd better throw in at least a 3MP camera too. Apple created a problem for itself by making the iPhone so thin. Hard to get...
Are you kidding. A fingerprint reader is a must have. No notebook computer should be without one. It's probably the most important feature of purchasing a notebook computer. Keyboard, screen, processors are just add ons. Being able to log-on with the swipe of a finger is way cool. I could spend the whole day doing that. http://www.upek.com/solutions/mac/default.asp As fine a machine design (for lightness and space saving) as I think the MBAir is, it probably won't...
It sure would be amusing (but now just pitiful) if customers that had gone into the Apple stores to buy iPods, decided to buy desktop Macs instead. It's a darn shame that WS doesn't understand that for a given amount of people, one person probably can't afford to buy every product in Apple's lineup. They may only have a choice to buy one item. Instead of an iPod, they buy an iPhone or vice-versa. Or they may just splurge to get an iMac. What's so bad about one Mac...
So just fire half of the workers in each store. That'll boost the profit quickly enough.
I'd heard some people suggesting that Apple buy AMD using up some of that $15 billion in cash. However some sort of exclusive partnership with Intel makes more sense. I'm hoping that Apple doesn't do anything to piss-off Intel. Those two companies seem like a match made in heaven. If Apple has made Intel re-think their computing goals, that is a wonderful thing for consumers. The hand-held computer market may just explode. The power of a desktop in the palm of your...
Anyone think the iPhone will sell well in Japan? They've already got the fastest networks and full-featured phones that easily outdo the the iPhone in number of features including built-in TV tuners. Unless the iPhone is considered so fad or prestige item, I can't see it selling all that well. I know the user interface is probably much better than what is offered on handsets in Japan, but will that be enough? The Japanese love texting and I'm guessing that the virtual...
I'm wondering if the new MacPros which could be introduced around the time of MacWorld will have a new case to go along with the Penryn processors. I wouldn't mind seeing a slightly smaller and lighter case. That would also surely give Apple continued momentum during the slack season. Those 3.2 GHz Penryn MacPros will be awesome desktop replacements. I'm still hoping to acquire an 8-core (dual 4-cores) model a short while after it comes available.
Overclocking my iPhone to 620 MHz in the wintertime is nice. It makes the side of my face feel all warm and toasty on a blustery winter's day.
I have to agree that updating my System Software does do something to weaken the signal. It seems it's on the MacBook Pro 2.33 C2D side. I've already tried rebooting the router and that did not change anything. I had to do an Archive and Install the recover my MacBook Pro. When I did, the DVD install using the base software (probably around 10.4.6 or so on my seven month old computer), I got a very strong signal that didn't waver at all. Internet Connect...