or Connect

Posts by Constable Odo

It will be easy to swap out all your BBs for iPhones because you probably have less than 50, right. Most of the IT people think the iPhone is feeble because they can't deploy apps to 100,000 iPhones without a lot of hassle. It's probably not an iPhone limitation, it's just that Apple probably hasn't offered a solution for those huge numbers yet. I'm not sure the author is right on the money. In all honesty, Apple should be well over $200 right now, but it certainly...
What could Apple possibly do on it's own that the larger chip makers couldn't duplicate? My problem now is that my brain might be too weak to understand what Apple has in mind. Ultra-low power processors is one possibility. Attempting to fit whole iPhone and iPod circuits on a single chip? Apple really seems to be trying to leave the smartphone industry in the dust. RIM keeps saying they have nothing to worry about from the iPhone. RIM's people must have balls of steel.
The iPhone would have to have a DVB-H tuner in it to receive live broadcasts, wouldn't it? Unless there is another way that Apple can deliver streaming media through iTunes or something without using a built-in tuner. I've got a SlingBox Pro, so if there is a SlingPlayer app eventually made for the iPhone, I would just use that. I'd heard mentioned that the iPhone is supposed to have a faster processor. I hope it's just as fast as the BlackBerry Bold's processor,...
The world's best kept secret that Apple was going to produce a 3G iPhone is finally revealed. Wow! Biggest scoop of the year. I doubt if there's some old tech chip in the 3G iPhone. I would think that if you shut down the chip completely it will save battery power. What's wrong with that. I really think there is too much speculation at this time. Why not wait until the device is introduced and put in use? The 3G iPhone won't be perfect but it will probably be...
I'm really hoping this 14 million iPhones sales projection is not going to be a problem for Apple. Next thing I'll hear is that WS will have 14 million as the whisper number and if Apple doesn't make this mark, investors are going to be disappointed. I think that RBC is correct that Apple will actually sell that many iPhones, but they should have been a bit more conservative to say 12 million and then Apple would blow that figure away. Now if Apple could blow away that...
There is no way Apple will produce this abomination of an iPhone to take the place of the current large screen model. Are they gonna call it the pansy iPhone? A smaller browsing window and a smaller virtual typing window. No effing way. This "iPhone thing" they're talking about has to be an alternate model for females or children or something. As it is I would want the corporate bad boy version of the current model with a thicker body for road warrior 24-hour straight...
They're probably using the iPod model for predicting future sales. They believe the iPhone will be as popular as the iPod was and practically everyone in each family will own one. On a worldwide scale I'd hardly think that 25 million iPhones in a year would be too much of a stretch. Once the SDK is done and corporate e-mail becomes standard on the iPhone, sales should be boosted dramatically. It may even be well received as a gaming machine. I really think it will...
No matter what features the iPhone delivers, there will be people that want more. Removable battery, unbreakable glass, smudgeproof case, LED flash, OLED display, etc. It doesn't matter if the iPhone is overall far better than any other smartphone on the market, they'll find many things inadequate and the griping will continue. Eff 'em I say. iPhone 2.0 FTW. BTW, has anyone heard about whether it will have copy and paste functions?
It doesn't matter what the analysts say. There are too many people trying to manipulate this stock so it keeps going up and down like a yo-yo. There analysts that claim it's undervalued and a few claiming it's overvalued. Some say it hasn't run up fast enough and others saying it's run up too quickly. They're just trying to keep Apple's stock volatile so money can be made for daily traders who like to gamble. As long-term investors we should just consider ourselves...
As Han Solo said to Luke Skywalker after he shot down a Tie Fighter, "Don't get cocky." I'm definitely hoping Apple has all the right numbers and announces some decent guidance, but my memory of losing so much value on my Apple stock still looms in my mind. Talking big is alright, but Apple has to deliver and WS musn't have any outrageous "whisper" numbers. Some people are saying that our earnings pop is already built in to the stock rise over the last week or two. ...