or Connect

Posts by aderutter

Targets are nice but it helps if there's a timeframe. The article mentions 2017 but for all I know the target timescale could be 2020. My personal target is a whole lot larger than $185 but my timescale is 8 years for the first 25% of my stock and at least 10 years later for the remainder Yes I could sell now having made a massive (to me) profit but then what would I buy? And if I left it in cash it'd just erode with inflation. And it's only money anyway, so I'll stick...
UK order placed for two watches (plus a thunderbolt monitor and retina iMac Delivery 12th - 26th May for the watches! Watches are 38mm Black Sport and 42mm SS Watch Link.
They have to compete with NetFlix surely? There must be lots of folk like me who almost solely use NetFlix. £30 a month? That's not disruptive that's just as costly as satellite TV - and that's setting aside the bandwidth costs. However they'd likely get some money from me if I could pick and pay for what you want. Ideally a cost per channel, with maybe three different tiered channel prices?
Hoping Apple will let any old developer create a watch face is only going to result in disappointment. It's like hoping Apple will let developers drastically alter the look of the iOS UI. Thankfully Apple have more sense and the interests of people with taste at heart. The variety of high quality faces Apple provide - especially with the variety of complications - are more than enough for discerning folk. If you want a crappy watch face - or a different one of thousands...
I totally agree. I can't see Apple releasing a hardware update (gen2) for at least 2 years.I imagine there'll be a software update somewhere along the line though.
Exactly. And it's a one-time requirement. Ooh it must have cost 30 secs ocer the past two years hiding channels I don't need/want. Big effing deal. Plus I wouldn't see the new channels added if I had to go looking for them.I agree a next gen AppleTV should have an app store (for games etc.) but I don't think they should change the way the "channels" work.
There's lossy compression and loss-less compression.The latter obviously compresses less but retains quality.The former results in content that is noticeably inferior.It's funny how people think number of pixels is the be all and end all.I have seen poor quality 4k that is far worse visually than 1080p.If I'm honest I think 4k is still very niche.I also think 4k is kind of pointless on TVs but is great for those like me that use home cinema projectors.Much the same as 3d...
I didn't want a bigger iPhone but got an iPhone6+ and love it. So yes people might want bigger screens - but not for everything. Bigger screens mean taking the device in and out of a pocket is more of a drag. So I'll be happy to use a smaller screen device like the Watch for certain things - I think the Watch and iPhone together are going to give me the best of both worlds. Plus of course all the new functions in the Watch too I can't wait to get my SS Watch with link...
A device that seems to be quite irrelevant with no USP. Only poor people and luddites will have these. I know quite a few people with supposedly top-end Samsung phones and they all seem really clunky from my observations of them being "used" - the owners don't mind too much because they consider them cheap throw away items not luxury goods for discerning professionals lol
The Apple Watch should be able to track your change of pace without gps? The only thing missing would be the location and I still don't get the need for recording the location when I know where I've been. But I'll take your word that it's important to the minority in your position. I know quite a few (none-competitive) runners and I can only imagine one of them being interested in the "where" - I could be completely wrong of course. It'll be interesting to see what the...