or Connect

Posts by aderutter

For me the perfect size for a pocketable phone is 3.5 inch. I have a 4s and the missus a 4. I found the aspect ratio of the 5/5c/5s to be just wrong. When Apple released the 5 it was as though they did it to appease the critics calling for large iphones. I buy iphones from Apple stores off-contract. So they lost out on 4 sales from me in 2012 & 2013. This year it appears they have gone further away from their principles still by only having the new tech in even larger...
I've always gone with the best leather sleeve I could get so the phone is held naked to be used.   These new iPhones are bigger though so now I'm ditching the wallet to make space for the bigger iPhone and getting a case for it that can hold cards too. I've gone with Pad & Quill to start with as they looked like the best I could find online at the time.   I totally agree that the curved design is much more comfortable to hold, much like the 3g/3gs were nicer to hold...
Personally I don't think there's massive demand for the 6+ Here in the UK if there were any 6+ for delivery on the 19th they were gone within 20 minutes, it's more likely that there simply were not any at all available for delivery 19th. Same might be worldwide? So the delivery estimates of n weeks are because no-one is getting a 6+ on 19th not because of massive demand. Of course I could be wrong.   I ordered a 6 for the missus. I ordered a 6+ for myself. I expect the...
I charge my iPhone every night. I charge my iPad every night. If I have to charge my watch every night then no big deal. I think it's very inexpensive at $349, if Apple bring out a new model each year with additional features/sensors then I'll upgrade every year. This thing is not just a watch. In fact I kinda wish they left the timekeeping facility off it and didn't call it a watch because as it stands for people like me we care about everything but the timekeeping...
 In the demo I'm sure a song was played that was said to be stored on the watch. edit: From the Apple.com/watch site: "when you leave iPhone at home to go for a jog, listen to music directly on Apple Watch".
I like it. I don't care for the round/square debate. For me Apple made the right call as it is. The correct shape/form for a device that is so much more than a timepiece. I'd buy it even if it didn't tell the time as that's not primarily what I want it for. I primarily want it for the Health/Fitness aspect but also to use in conjunction with my iPhone6. Wish it had more sensors but maybe subsequent ones will. I will buy at least one for myself and more than one strap.
 And in addition only apps aimed at going in the public app store can use the new Test Flight. So no B to B or enterprise use :(Thankfully we still have hockeyapp.net
I think people have to the option to upgrade Apple devices far less often than the alternatives. This is because Apple hardware is high quality and lasts longer.   My previous MBP I had and used for 6 years. I reckon my brother upgraded his PC alternative each year at greeter cost overall and lesser user experience for sure.   I bet iPhone and iPad users also upgrade less often. My current iPhone is a 4s and my other half's is a 4! They both do exactly what we need...
So basically they still don't "get it".
 Here in the United Kingdom there is a vast shortage of iOS developers. Jobs for iOS developers can go unfilled for months on end. If a developer here can make iOS Objective-C apps then they can easily get a great job on a great salary. Junior developers with very little experience can command a salary equivalent to the national average salary. Experienced middle-weight developers can command salaries twice the national average and contractors can expect renumeration...