or Connect

Posts by aderutter

I hope AppleMusic does well because I want Apple succeed wherever they tread (being an AAPL stockholder). But for me personally I don't get it. The cost is effectively double what I pay for my TV content each month (NetFlix). I dislike radio generally and I already have too much music that I do like for iTunes Match to be of use (their collection size limit is too low). I would be interested in the stuff they provide to artists to touch base with their fans (when bands...
I'm not surprised to be honest. If the Starbucks Apple Watch app actually worked I'd be using it daily instead of using my iPhone.
A great many people upgrade every two years. Many of them choose to upgrade to S models for the speed bump. Other upgeade every year. The thing is, the current 6/6+ line-up are so good I think maybe less people will upgrade from 6/6+ this year than previously. Then again, nah why wait if you don't have to Still loads of iPhone4S/5/5S users to upgrade though
Apple should just jetison any significant apps that compete with their own products. I say ban Google Maps and Spotify from the app-store. To be honest they should ban any ad networks other than iAd too. It's Apple's app store and they should be able to do what they want with it and make all the rules for it. Buying an iPhone does not automatically entitle someone to have a native app for a competing service on that iPhone, let them have a crappy web app experience...
Apple should just ban any and all apps that directly compete such as spotify. It would be no different to not allowing other apps that replicate functionality already present. No-one has a right to be able to put an app in Apple's app store, especially a competitor. Let spotify users use a web version istead (in mobile safari on their iphone if they want).
Targets are nice but it helps if there's a timeframe. The article mentions 2017 but for all I know the target timescale could be 2020. My personal target is a whole lot larger than $185 but my timescale is 8 years for the first 25% of my stock and at least 10 years later for the remainder Yes I could sell now having made a massive (to me) profit but then what would I buy? And if I left it in cash it'd just erode with inflation. And it's only money anyway, so I'll stick...
UK order placed for two watches (plus a thunderbolt monitor and retina iMac Delivery 12th - 26th May for the watches! Watches are 38mm Black Sport and 42mm SS Watch Link.
They have to compete with NetFlix surely? There must be lots of folk like me who almost solely use NetFlix. £30 a month? That's not disruptive that's just as costly as satellite TV - and that's setting aside the bandwidth costs. However they'd likely get some money from me if I could pick and pay for what you want. Ideally a cost per channel, with maybe three different tiered channel prices?
Hoping Apple will let any old developer create a watch face is only going to result in disappointment. It's like hoping Apple will let developers drastically alter the look of the iOS UI. Thankfully Apple have more sense and the interests of people with taste at heart. The variety of high quality faces Apple provide - especially with the variety of complications - are more than enough for discerning folk. If you want a crappy watch face - or a different one of thousands...
I totally agree. I can't see Apple releasing a hardware update (gen2) for at least 2 years.I imagine there'll be a software update somewhere along the line though.