or Connect

Posts by aderutter

I'd rather Apple continue to design good looking products primarily for users who take care of their products.  Me and my extended family have had iPhones for quite a few years now and have never had a problem with any of them! Even the 3g and 3gs are still in daily use with no problems, no cracked glass or anything. There is no design problem. There are idiotic people out there though and they own devices made by all kinds of manufacturers and don't look after them. The...
I'll be upgrading my iphone4s and my other halfs iphone4.   Probably the larger one for me and the smaller one for the lady of the house, but that depends on if I can fit it in my non-skinny jeans front pocket easily enough. I didn't buy a 5 or a 5s as I didn't want something bigger due to the pockets issue. But my eyes are starting to demand a larger screen. Might have to go with an iPhone case with a chain and use back pocket.   When new iPad comes out I'll be...
How silly, they must know that most iPhone users like me charge overnight and never run out of power.
Microsoft just don't make good hardware. Never have. Yes some people like the Xboxes but that's still just a packaged cheap pc. I can see this being a potential threat to Android wearables, but any Apple iDevice owner is going to buy the Apple wearable for the integration and better all-round experience. Android users are cheap and so would buy a Microsoft offering if it was cheap. Microsoft would have to have a killer feature to make a dent, and I don't see Microsoft...
 Or write put options...
This is ridiculous. Ace Metrix do not know the real purpose/aim of these ads but you can bet Apple are not creating these ads aimed purely (possibly not even remotely) at the "viewer scores" determined by Ace Metrix. Until we know for a fact what Apple's aims are and can reliably determine a particular ads effectiveness against those/that specific criteria then the whole process of trying to determine effectiveness is futile. There are many reasons for creating ads and...
 Thanks for being the first person to provide something balanced to this thread.
hmm... audio equipment may be an Apple' weak area so there may be some credence. For example Apple head/ear-phones are poor compared to the Etymotic Pro ones I use. That said, it might simply be choice on Apple' part so far, maybe they don't want to make premium quality head/ear-phones. However, I think Beats equipment sucks the big one so I hope it's not true.
 Hmm. I reckon a large part of the run-away success of the iPhone and why we will continue to see it's ever increasing lead over it's competitors where it matters (where the money is) is because of the absence of these kind of things that most people don't want or need and everyone can do without due to system security. Also, as far as I (and many others judging by the sales numbers) am concerned the iPhone is not expensive, it is very cheap for what it gives me compared...
I still think the primary reason people buy android is low-cost. Sure, there are people who buy anything except Apple as they still believe that Apple are expensive. They don't realise that in real-terms (actual value obtained from the eco-system and length of life) Apple equipment is much cheaper than the alternatives. As a case in point, my last MacBook Pro lasted me over six years before I had to upgrade (I only had to upgrade as I needed the latest iOS SDK). It's...