or Connect

Posts by aderutter

Even back with iOS 5 I felt the UI Visual was tired. I considered Windows Mobile more modern and applauded the ability to design without copying (one of the few nice things I've ever said about MS). Now I feel that Apple have leap-frogged the competition such that now Apple are again ahead in all areas. My only area of concern relates to contrast/legibility, so hopefully the level of translucency will be user-controllable. I'm very happy feature/functionality wise too :)
Amazon were happy to make a loss on high profile day one releases as they were planning on this as one tactic to grow their kindle platform to try and get to a monopoly position for e-books. This is the same as their web-store, they didn't make any money for years as they play the long game and want to own all internet sales and then control the market charging what they like. In the short term the consumer might gain with Amazon's strategy, but long term the consumer...
An iPhone with less functionality, no iTunes and no apps? There would be no profit in that and no way to monetise the user down the line. I can't see why Apple would do that.
Borrox.
I wonder how often people upgrade their Android phones to newer Android phones in general compared to iPhone users upgrading to newer iPhones. I would guess that Android users on the whole take far longer to upgrade as iPhones are the first choice amongst most people that have the financial means to upgrade earlier and because so many Android users are at the cheap/free end of the spectrum. I reckon this problem will become worse and worse for Google. Then again, I haven't...
To be honest, the cloud solution is good for smaller businesses and freelancers who don't want to shell out a few grand in one go. As long as they can rent the software they need for the projects they have on this month and then stop or change what they are renting as the business needs change all is great. e.g. a designer might need AE for one project a year, not worth buying AE stand-alone, but now they can use the software as and when and build the software cost into...
I don't understand why anyone needs or wants a bigger iPhone. The iPhone is primarily a mobile phone. It needs to fit in my pocket. I think these bigger phones look cheap and nasty and their users look like village idiots. When I want a bigger screen for browsing etc. I use an iPad.
Who knows, maybe Apple will release an iPhone without storage, i.e. just a phone no app store. People on low incomes who can't afford a smartphone don't buy from apps or from iTunes anyway so why give them storage space for things they don't need.
It sounds like this app isn't really an app as it doesn't actually offer any real functionality and should be just a website.
I for one hope we get a new 3.5" iPhone.