or Connect

Posts by aderutter

I'm really happy that Apple are protecting the brand, it's values and it's public perception by not releasing a piece of cheap rubbish. I can see that the 5C is priced really close to the 5S, but to me it makes the 5S look inexpensive. I think Apple will have a hard time manufacturing enough 5S to keep up with demand from the likes of me. I also think that the 5C will also be a massive hit though, just for a different target audience: those not obsessed with specs, who...
The 5c is going to sell and sell and sell. It's so gorgeous looking, I was thinking about getting one myself; until I saw how fantastic the 5s is. I kinda wish you could get the 5s in the same colours/shell/case as the 5c, but I think regular folk are gonna just be all over the 5c as it stands.   On a related note, in the past few weeks I've noticed a lot of people who have moved from another platform to iOS getting an iPhone5 as their first iPhone, I'm guessing people...
It's shaping up to be an interesting winter for hardware releases.   I can't see the app-store being added for AppleTv when one can simply AirPlay to it. The bluetooth controllers we will soon have should make iOS gaming pretty neat though. That's only for casual gaming though, not full-blown gaming.   As for consoles, MS seem intent on going further with a one-box-does-everything premise than even Sony tired with the PS3. The problem is that, it didn't work for Sony...
  What if I don't have a PC or Mac? And even if I did, if I buy it from Steam can I play it on my iPad whilst sat in the shed at the bottom of my garden? I reckon something/one else is really stupid.
Shame it's US only
This is my big hope too. I haven't watched live tv/cable for years. I certainly do all I can to avoid adverts.   I only have so much time to watch tv/films so it makes sense to just get the programs I want/like. I currently have a backlog of films and tv series I want to watch so there's no shortage of content, but I'm not gonna sit through adverts like it's the seventies. I will pay to avoid ads.   Hopefully a future Apple TV will provide me with access to all the shows...
Even back with iOS 5 I felt the UI Visual was tired. I considered Windows Mobile more modern and applauded the ability to design without copying (one of the few nice things I've ever said about MS). Now I feel that Apple have leap-frogged the competition such that now Apple are again ahead in all areas. My only area of concern relates to contrast/legibility, so hopefully the level of translucency will be user-controllable. I'm very happy feature/functionality wise too :)
Amazon were happy to make a loss on high profile day one releases as they were planning on this as one tactic to grow their kindle platform to try and get to a monopoly position for e-books. This is the same as their web-store, they didn't make any money for years as they play the long game and want to own all internet sales and then control the market charging what they like. In the short term the consumer might gain with Amazon's strategy, but long term the consumer...
An iPhone with less functionality, no iTunes and no apps? There would be no profit in that and no way to monetise the user down the line. I can't see why Apple would do that.
Borrox.