or Connect

Posts by aderutter

I'm really excited about this, much more so than the new products to be honest :)
I'm in the UK and think the advertising ruling is disgustingly wrong. I think Apple should ignore that ruling and pay whatever fine is thrown at them for doing so. The sooner Apple don't have to rely on Samsung for anything the better.
As an app developer I see nothing wrong with this. It will improve the platform for consumers, meaning a better platform for me to develop for. They should ban all ads except iAds while they are at it.
I'm feeling a little underwhelmed, and I'm an Apple fanboy. I don't want/need a longer iPhone, the 4s I have is the right size. I knew last year that the 4s would be an interim upgrade. I didn't expect iPhone5 to feel like an interim upgrade too though.
  Please try to keep a grip. If people outside of UK was are allowed access to the app, it wouldn't cost UK licence fee payers anything; and even if it did, so what. If you're unhappy about the licence stop watching live TV and stop paying the licence.
Personally I think the iPad mini is the iPhone/iPod. I see no reason for a mid-sized device.   What resolution would it be if all the devices are moving towards retina specs? 1024 x768 at a quarter of the physical screen area of an iPad3?    Yes AAPL stock will probably dip with profit taking after the new product announcements, but I'll be keeping mine long-term.   The longer Apple' dominance continues, the less the competition is... erm... competition. I...
In place of more cloud options I'd rather see more on-device options for speech to text/code. Most people don't have a network connection all the time.
  If you make a game and put it on the app store for sale at the cheapest paid price (non-free) then you can expect 100x more users to play your game than buy it. i.e. for every 1 person that buys it you can expect 100 to pirate and play it (can be seen easily from server -side high scores etc).
I'm struggling to see what's new?   For ages there's been apps/games that display one thing on the ipad and another via airplay e.g. Real Racing 2 HD
  I agree. I think the same applies to building ipad and iphone retina apps too (on a non-retina macbook pro as you have to downscale the simulator). My 1440 x 900 macbook pro is fine for developing iphone and ipad apps (non-retina) - the new retina macbook pro will be more than fine for making retina iphone & ipad apps. I'd argue it's ordinary non-power users that more likely need the extra working space of a non-retina mbp. Especially once third party apps take...