or Connect

Posts by aderutter

I think the problem is performance, graphics performance. An iMac with retina display would need a shed load of graphics processing power to shift the required number of pixels. The new MBP with retina has a resolution not much higher than my existing iMac (2560x1440). 
Looks like an awesome upgrade from my 1st intel gen mbp (6 yrs old?) I think iOS development might even be nicer on this than the iMac the extra res will definitely be a bonus when building apps for retina iPads
  It depends what the financial transaction is for. If it's for a physical (non-digital) product then Apple don't want a cut, in fact their rules prohibit you from using their in-app purchase system for this. If on the other hand the product or service is for use in the app then they want you to use in-app purchase.
  I'm a developer. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. If you don't want to abide by the store owners rules, find another store owner.
Siri doesn't work great here in the UK. I never use it at all. However my non-techie iPhone using friends love it. Go figure.
  Exactly. Android is a nightmare like Symbian used to be.
I can't see Apple building a bigger iPhone. Maybe a slightly smaller one, with the same screen size. My 4s is big enough, especially in a leather case; any bigger and it won't go in my pocket.   Or maybe if the aspect ratio and and number of pixels stays the same but with a lower density so the iPhone screen is bigger. I still don't think that'll happen though.   If the number of pixels is going to change I would bet on it being 1024 x 768 (but that's more likely...
With this pricing it's destined to fail. Photoshop CS1 does all I need it to.
We're not going to see the end to ads in apps. Especially free apps. Developers should allow users to pay to remove the ads though (I do).   However, it would be even better if Apple built this ability directly into the iAds solution and just require developers to specify the price point for ad removal. I think if Apple were to do this then more users would be happy and developers would be happy.   Btw iAds pays developers way more than AdMob etc. (the only...
I wish Apple would(could?) just ban all ad networks from iOS other than iAds.