or Connect

Posts by aderutter

We're not going to see the end to ads in apps. Especially free apps. Developers should allow users to pay to remove the ads though (I do).   However, it would be even better if Apple built this ability directly into the iAds solution and just require developers to specify the price point for ad removal. I think if Apple were to do this then more users would be happy and developers would be happy.   Btw iAds pays developers way more than AdMob etc. (the only...
I wish Apple would(could?) just ban all ad networks from iOS other than iAds.
As a developer who puts ads in some of my apps (alway with a way topaz to turn them off) I welcome this, it means other publishers/developers might be more inclined to use iAds  
I'm not that dumb that I'd expect tech to work the same in all countries. My experience of PAL/NTSC/SECAM would tell me to research.UK doesn't - it might be in trial in a few small select areas but that's not the same as being able to go into a shop in any city in the UK and buy. I live in the UK and have no access to 4g anywhere I live or work. I can't even get 3g in my house or at work. Consumers should not have to be treated like idiots. I despise this constant dumbing...
Personally I don't think Apple have done anything wrong. I could buy a 3g phone without a contract and then choose to use it on a 3g network or a 2g network. Either way the device is still 3g capable so calling it a 3g phone shouldn't be a problem. Just because Australia don't have the networks shouldn't stop Apple selling/naming the tech/devices. Btw, we don't have 4g here in the UK either and we don't seem to be confused.
My fill-rate on iAds in the past six months has been over 50%. In the past month it's over 60%. I have tried various ad networks. iAds has consistently beat them all by a factor of 10 in terms of revenue to developer. So using iAds results in less ads for consumers and more revenue to developers in my experience. I currently only use one competing fall-back network (they promised to beat iAds revenue and they failed miserably so will be removed shortly).
Me. If they're targetted and relevant and not over the top and in a free app. Apple' iAds are the best ads on mobile devices.
Me too - I have to as my first generation intel mbp cannot now be used to develop for iOS (can't run Lion). I hope it's a retina display...but I'm not holding my breath.
Not likely to happen. It will depend if it's a universal app or not. A universal app might contain all the graphics for iPhone3, iPhone4, iPad2, & new iPad. Remember that people share their apps within their family so I can download a universal app on my iPad and put it on a couple of iPhones too (free of charge).
I'd be more interested to see a comparison between iTunes 720p and 1080p to be honest, and to know the equivalent file sizes (as I am bandwidth challenged). I think I'll be sticking to bluray when I can, and 720p apple tv for convenience and when I can't get a bluray.