or Connect

Posts by aderutter

Me too - I have to as my first generation intel mbp cannot now be used to develop for iOS (can't run Lion). I hope it's a retina display...but I'm not holding my breath.
Not likely to happen. It will depend if it's a universal app or not. A universal app might contain all the graphics for iPhone3, iPhone4, iPad2, & new iPad. Remember that people share their apps within their family so I can download a universal app on my iPad and put it on a couple of iPhones too (free of charge).
I'd be more interested to see a comparison between iTunes 720p and 1080p to be honest, and to know the equivalent file sizes (as I am bandwidth challenged). I think I'll be sticking to bluray when I can, and 720p apple tv for convenience and when I can't get a bluray.
Me too. MacBook Air Pro (the Pro being the retina display models).
It'll be interesting to see how the same game with the same graphics performs compared to the ipad1 and ipad2. i.e. I wonder if the graphics performance will even be as good as an ipad2 given that it has to draw four times the pixels. Testing a game on a 2.97ghz i7 intel core iMac in the iPad retina simulator isn't good (much lower fps than in the iPad simulator).
I want two things:I want to download content to my Apple TV and decide later what device to watch it on (tv, projector or ipad).I want a video input on an ipad - a simple mini hdmi in would suffice if wifi is out the window.
Lol. I'm bandwidth challenged. I typically set an tv episode downloading on Apple TV the day before I watch it. I don't want to tie up an ipad downloading for ages before I can watch it on it. If I ever get fibre then I won't care quite so much (but I'd still like to stream from my ps3 to an ipad). I don't want an actual tv in my house (yet another display device).
I have my Apple TV rigged up to my projector etc. but sometimes would rather watch it's output sat on the sofa with an ipad instead. i.e. use the ipad as the tv.In fact I'd like to be able to use an ipad as a monitor generally, so I can watch blurays on it etc.
Personally I'm hoping for 1080p Apple TV and ability to stream it TO ipad 3.
Nope. 1024 x 768 -> 2048 x 1536 is a four fold increase in resolution.