or Connect

Posts by lisfolks

My AEBS 'N' does the same thing - except not every day. Usually about anywhere from 1 to 30 days, it will reboot for no apparent reason. There's nothing in the logs that indicates any problem. I just suddenly lose my connection, my Airport Utility pops up and says there's a problem with the router (of course, not what the problem is!), and the router reboots. It's really irritating! At first, we thought it was due to the two of us having open VPN connections, but I...
Are you using Leopard? In 10.5, you just go to your Preferences/Printers and Fax to set up your printers - there is no more separate Printer Setup Utility. You probably can figure it out; they just combined the two into one, basically.
I found the answer at: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1066427444 I was missing the 'Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator' from under 'System devices' in the Device Manager. The above link tells how to install that device. I followed their instructions, and finally got my audio back! No reboot is even necessary. Ah, joy! This appears to be a common Windows problem, and is not specifically related to the Mac, OS X, or Boot Camp. - happiness!
No yellow exclamation points, Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices says "No Audio Device"... I re-ran the 1.4 drivers disk; it said everything installed correctly; still "No Audio Device". There are no unknown PCI devices or anything that would give me a clue. And, everything says it's operating correctly. Under Device Manager/Sound, video and game controllers, it has: - Audio Codecs - Legacy Audio Drivers - Media Control Devices - SigmaTel High Definition Audio...
Thanks for the response, dalachin! There aren't any yellow exclamation points. Maybe I should just go ahead and re-run the mac drivers cd, though, and see what happens? Everything else seems to be working fine, so I was a little nervous about doing that...
Excellent! Glad it's working for you now!
No; sometimes I have to play with the settings for a specific security selection. For example, when you choose WPA or WPA2, both have an additional setting to choose that shows AES or TKIP. Typically, if you choose WPA, you would choose TKIP to go with it. If you choose WPA2, you would choose AES to go with it. My Airport Extreme Base Station (AEBS) shows WPA/WPA2 and then allows for both AES and TKIP at the same time (as though it'll just identify which the client is...
Thanks for the info! I would first try turning off the security completely - just to rule out any WEP/WPA incompatibility. (I have a MacBook Pro, and had gotten a new Airport Extreme router, after which I had the same problem you're describing. I was using WPA2, and once I matched up the security settings it worked, but first it just kept connecting/disconnecting repeatedly.) Didn't you say in a previous post that you have other computers that are connecting properly,...
Ah... thanks for the info - that helps. First (or, next, really question is: what security do you have set up on the router? WEP, WPA, WPA2, none? I ask this because, before doing anything with the DHCP, we want to rule out any possible security setup incompatibilities that can cause similar issues. So, if you set the router to be open, with no security, how is your connection? Oh, and one other question: do you know if the Embarq modem also has a router built in...
Oh, I see you've had some previous pleas for help out there! So, did you end up getting the suggested Linksys router? Or, are you still trying to go through another computer with the dsl modem attached? Or, ...?