or Connect

Posts by aslam

Hey there... question for you folks. I updated the Mac app to 2.3.0 and now the notifications are back to going through Growl instead of Notification Center. Why is that? I was happier having the Twitter notifications going through Notification Center but now there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. The preferences only seem to allow for all notifications to go through growl. Am I missing an option to direct them to Notification Center? Thanks, A
FYI... this morning I tried tapping the AI logo at the top of the iPhone site to see if things had been fixed. As usual the page loaded up to http://appleinsider.com/ but then to my delight it automatically redirected to iphone.applesinsider.com. So it looks like the issue is fixed now. Thanks AI admins for fixing this!   Now the next step would be to improve the experience by implementing something like MacRumors has where there is no need for an alternate URL...
    @Stephenbw: Thanks for the tip. That is working for me. Still it would be better if the AI server were to automatically redirect me to the mobile site like it used to instead of me having to tap that extra link. Please AI admins, make this more intuitive.   And if you really want to make this awesome, please make the site act like other sites (MacRumours for example) where there is no special mobile URL to redirect me to. Instead the server serves up either the mobile...
OK so for me part of it is fixed but something else has now broken.   If I browse to an article from iphone.appleinsider.com, they work again which is great! Thank you for fixing this.   Having said that, now I'm finding that if I click on the AI logo at the top to go to the main article listing, it now takes me to the full site instead of going to the iphone optimized site. As well if I manually go to appleinsider.com, previously the site would recognize that I...
Add me to the list... I've been having the same problem for the last day or so. AI, Please fix this ASAP. The iOS UI for AI is so much easier to use on my iPhone screen than the full AI.
So glad to see this. I love my iPhone dearly and I will get an iPhone 4 when it is available in Canada (don't know why we have to wait when we have less than the population of California in our entire country). Having said that one thing I have been envious of is the notification system that my friends totaing Android devices have. It is much better than the iPone OS 3 system. I too am surprised that Apple didn't address this in iOS 4. Hopefully they won't make us...
@solipsism and @jrhall: Awesome... thanks for these links!! And so quickly too... gotta love good communities. If anyone finds out which brand of drive Apple uses, please post it. I'm curious. Thanks, Aslam
I have two questions...1. Which RAM suppliers will give you a trade in rebate (as suggested in the article)2. Where would I find a 512GB SSD drive? Does anyone have a Make and Model number they can supply me? I have looked at the usual suspects (best buy, future shop, etc.) but I cannot find any 512GB SSD drive for sale independently.Thanks!Aslam
The issue for anyone who uses an iPhone outside of the US is, why is Apple instructing developers to limit functionality based on only AT&T's TOS. The iPhone is available in many countries outside the US. For example, I am in Canada and I have an iPhone from Rogers. The Terms of Service for my iPhone are different than those of AT&T customers (link below). Why then am I being forced into limited functionality based on a Terms of Service contract that I never signed? Why...
That won't happen till 4G so it will be a few years before we see that.