or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

Me? Not joking at all. Apple markets iTunes Match as a means to convert your existing music collection to digital by matching tracks you have ripped to iTunes. Once matched to the same tracks in the cloud, you can download and keep these pristine copies. What they don't tell you is that if the tracks are encoded from analog records, they rarely match. So, if your music collection contains a lot of records, forget about getting clean copies of your scratchy old tracks. They...
Also, the "bubble-like" menu kept insisting I keep Taylor Swift. I would hold on her bubble for the countdown and she would disappear, only to reappear later when I moved on to deal with other bubbles. Maybe she got a no-cut clause in her contract. After deleting her for the last time, I quickly moved to the next screen, but when I finished and went to my recommendations, there was a Taylor Swift channel right on top! Really annoying because I really don't like her.
When she opens Apple Music on her phone, it asks her to purchase a plan. Well, I have already done that on mine. How does she get past this challenge without setting up a completely separate account under her own name instead of joining the Family Plan I signed up for. It's not clear.
I was thinking that I was paying once for everyone's Apple Music service, not for everyone else's songs, books, movies, etc.
Something that was not clear to me is that Apple Music doesn't work on MacOS, Only iOS. Save yourself a lot of trouble by not attempting to download iTunes 12.2 which does support it—it's not available yet. The other thing that was not clear to me is that the Family Plan allows everyone to charge music to my credit card! I had hoped to include my married son and his wife who live 30 minutes away on my subscription, but I certainly don't want to pick up the tab for all...
Match is an epic fail when it comes to turning your old vinyl into pristine digital copies. Hope they fix that.
Agree. Enough of the "sky is falling" responses.The problem is not the Confederate flag. The problem is the fetishization of that flag. After the Civil War it should have been taken down, folded up, and put away. In most cases it was. But it crept back in the hands of dead-enders like the Klan, and well-meaning "patriotic" groups of Confederate descendants. Its continued presence gave it a kind of legitimacy--we got used to seeing it around for both benign and evil intent....
You're using circular logic. You said both in this and your previous post that they were a separate country when they seceded. You can't become a separate country without seceding first.You're beating a dead horse, Nola. Donald Rumsfeld, with whom I agree on nothing, referred to "dead-enders" in Iraq after the war. The South has a lot of those.
I must have missed the secession clause in the Constitution. Oh, no I didn't, because it's not there. One of the Amendments? Nope. The only "right" to secede is in the eye of the beholder. There was no legal basis. The Supreme Court hasn't even ruled on it.The fact is that there is no legal justification for either leaving or not leaving the Union. The Constitution is silent on it. In our case we decided to fight a war to decide the issue. They say elections have...
Spot on.