or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

I will be among the first to buy the cheapest version. As an unabashed Apple fan and hobbyist, this is all fun to me. I just want to see for myself whether there is an AppleWatch-sized hole in my life that it will fit. I expect that it will be far less capable than version two or three, but since Apple products have such high resale value, I plan to trade-up. Whether it will ultimately be judged a successful product or not, I intend to enjoy the ride up, or down. Why not?
With the Swiss central bank unpegging the Franc from the Euro, Swiss exports now cost 20% more than last week, and it could go higher. Another cause for his worry.
Amen, been using it from the jump. But still using it at the same merchants (Stater Bros. Markets, McDonalds). No new ones added since the start for me. Some say they are (Chevron) but are snail slow in rolling it out. Apple had the big banks/cards from the start, probably 79% of the card business, but still less than 10% of merchants. Hardly chicken-egg anymore. Lots of chicken, not much egg.Not blaming Apple, just the a-hole merchants who are foot-dragging because they...
Need more merchants.
You make a lot of sense. But I, nonetheless, remain disturbed when I hear a Putin spokesman speaking in the same terms about Estonia and the other Baltic states as you do about Crimea and the eastern Ukraine. Should the west simply turn them over to avoid bloodshed? I know it's an oversimplification, but the protection of ethnic Germans in Poland and Czechoslovakia was a tune played once before by another who wanted to return his country to its "rightful" place in the...
Alaska was purchased, not seized or annexed, from Imperial Russia so is not an apt analogy. Hawaii was, in my opinion, annexed by highly questionable means, at a time when the U.S. ill-advisedly mirroring the Imperial tendencies of old-world powers such as Russia. If Hawaiians voted to secede from the U.S. I would support them. But I doubt they will. Had an election been held by the U.N. or other neutral body, would a majority of Crimeans have voted to re-join Russia? Not...
Thank you for this interesting perspective. But I still question how it is that a piece of territory separated from Russia by another country was "always" Russian. I suspect others lived there before ethnic Russians arrived.
If you haven't seen PBS's "Frontline" this week, check it out. An excellent profile of Putin's rise to power in all it's scary detail. A must-see for anyone who is seriously interested in world affairs.
Agree. This guy is head and shoulders when it comes to dialogue and thematic elements. He writes up to the audience instead of down to it. He writes for college-educated adults, which is why many don't like him. My only quibble; the content is so rich and dense and comes at you so fast. Thank god for TiVo reverse.