or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

Am buying new SUV this year. Was pretty much down to Subaru Forrester and Mercedes GLK. despie the price difference, this would tilt the scale towards MB.
Testing
How do I keep my old free app? Your "offer" has taken control of it, offering me no option but to click to accept a "free" one month trial subscription. How do I dismiss this screen control and continue using it as is?
Amen to that. To those who say how could all those analysts be colluding: not necessary. All the big players (including analysts) know the game, they don't have to get together and put in writing any more than a shortstop needs to meet with the first baseman before throwing the ball. They all just react, knowing the average investor will be thrown out while they win the game.
So easy to manipulate AAPL, overestimate sales, short the stock, make money when price falls due to failure to meet unrealistic expectations. This happens over and over.
If one doesn't put any stock in perception then I guess everything is just fine as it is for Apple. But I think image IS important. I was not attacking Apple or calling for them to release junk. But it has been a while since they diversified from desktop/laptop computers into mobile/handhelds. The world doesn't stand still. I want them to succeed, but I don't think phones/tablets are enough for it to continue being the leader they should be. Google seems committed to...
It bothers me that every other day I read about some new Google innovation (Glasses, smart contact lenses, floating stores, etc.). Granted, some of these things may be silly or dead ends, but they do capture newsprint and more importantly, mindshare. Deserved or not, the general public gets the message that Google is the future while Apple is left perfecting its past products. Google is winning the PR war. What this means in the long run I cannot say, but I do find it...
Agree. Some of us have already decided to take this to PMs and will not be posting again until something is resolved and a general announcement might be made through the Moderators.
Sounds a little like the old PC vs Mac debates. Or GUI vs. Command Line for that matter. Yes, you can program many common old thermostats, but they are not dynamic, and have to be re-programmed as conditions change. Nest learns and adapts--reprogramming itself on the fly. Kinda spooky sometimes, but I'm liking it.
Actually, I'm not sure if the hospital inquiry was actually received. There was some kind of error notice, and it was not clear if it meant it didn't go through or whether it was just a format or other minor issue.