or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

Come on, people. This hating on DED meme is getting both humorous and tiresome. Even if he does sometimes write things fanboys love, is that the worst thing on an Applecentric forum? I've see less vitriolic (and numerous) responses aimed at Android trolls who post here. With all the biased stuff in the press about Apple, can't we allow ourselves a little talkback? Note also that he is reporting on the research posted by others. If you have an issue with its veracity, why...
Agree. But we may disagree on the best way to go about that.
You make a valid point. But you seem to assume there is some kind of political transparency equivalency between the Chinese and Russian systems and ours. For all our faults, I have far more trust in our system's potential to do right thing, and to correct itself when it doesn't, than theirs.
Once again Snowden is Russia's tool.
Why not just offer the better CPU as BTO option--let the consumer decide the price he is willing to pay?
Seriously, Apple could increase Mac sales by merely getting on the same predictable upgrade/refresh path as iOS. I have been ready to trade in my 2009 iMac for a while now, but don't want to miss an important bump up. There must be a lot of us out there waiting for a reason to give Apple our money. As someone else said earlier, how hard is it to improve an existing form factor at least? Leaving money on the table, Apple.
In an ideal world I would agree. But the networks and programs I watch are not available to me on demand. If I don't record them and watch them at my convenience I would have to wait for them to come out on DVD, another dying technology.
Or, you could turn it around and say that since I already get that stuff on the cable I have, there's no reason to switch back to my AppleTV during the day.Honestly, TiVo is my workhorse appliance. I can watch both live and self-recorded content without switching anything. The only time the ATV comes on is to watch streamed Netflix movies. But even that is rare because the streamed offerings on Netflix suck compared to the DVD-by-mail offerings.If ATV had DVR functionality...
One more reason I'm glad I use Facebook as little as humanly possible.
I appreciate your sarcasm, but you still didn't answer the question my response implied: just what is it that an eReader (Apple's or other) that would compel a satisfied tablet reader like myself to add one more device to my pile?