or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

If you haven't seen PBS's "Frontline" this week, check it out. An excellent profile of Putin's rise to power in all it's scary detail. A must-see for anyone who is seriously interested in world affairs.
Agree. This guy is head and shoulders when it comes to dialogue and thematic elements. He writes up to the audience instead of down to it. He writes for college-educated adults, which is why many don't like him. My only quibble; the content is so rich and dense and comes at you so fast. Thank god for TiVo reverse.
I agree with the intention of the new policy, but hope that it is somewhat flexible. If applied too rigidly it could stifle honest disagreement and debate. I also find the part about noting typos odd. How about providing a readily available button to make such a comment more convenient. At any rate, I much prefer this approach to that of CNN who just eliminated the comments section altogether rather than bother to curate out the garbage.
Sometimes they actually get it very right. Many set decorators actually lived through these periods and know first hand what is right and what is not. Let's hope that is the case this time.
I hope it's a typo an they meant mag.
I thought it was subsumed by MacWorld years ago.
Looking for a hit performance, the studio hires the manager of the actor who won the Academy Award last year.
And why does Touch ID on my iPhone 6 continue to forget my fingerprints? It's been improved (by not forgetting as quickly as before) but it eventually forgets. Are my fingers changing?!
Amen to all those calling for a slow-down on new releases and a speed-up on perfecting what we've got. Two examples: persistent blue dots indicating unread mail after its been read, and stubborn refusal of screen to rotate when device is rotated. I notice the latter on the Notes app on my iPhone 6 particularly. Whether that is hardware or software I don know, but it should have been addressed by now.
Also, air freshener is an absurdly inappropriate comparison to cloud service. One can Fully enjoy the Lexus without it. The iPnone without the cloud? Not so much.