or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

Samesung is up to it's old tricks again. Just saw a full page ad in the L.A. Times comparing a Samsung vacuum cleaner to a Dyson. It's clearly a knock-off, and to make things even worse, they're including (for the same price) a knock-off of Dyson's handheld vacuum! Two for the price of one. Australia, we feel your pain. These guys are shameless.
Now that the psycho Joren Vandersloot was voted off the island, all is safe for Apple female employees there.
A falling tide grounds all boats? Since streaming music is only a corollary business for Apple, this will not be the existential crisis it will be for others.
Until losers are required to pay costs this sort of nonsense will continue.
Simplification can lead to a controller that does many things with one button, none of them particularly well. What works for a mouse may not for a remote.
Patent trolling isn't illegal, just immoral.
Just what do you think a patent troll is? Legality doesn't not make you a patent troll. Buying patents you have no intention of employing in a product, and preventing others from doing so; sitting on it with the only purpose to sue those who infringe is being a patent troll. It is a perversion of the original purpose of patents.Capitalism needs to clean up its act, getting rid of those who game the system while doing nothing to add value. Day trading, patent trolling, etc.
Death to patent trolls.
The ATV remote is the worst remote of all small TV streaming devices (Roku, Chrome, etc.)--maybe the worst remote of any kind. It's a great example of a good idea gone wrong. First of all, it is ergonomically deficient. Every time I use it I ask myself, "Did the people who designed/approved this thing use it on a daily basis?" The selector ring is so indistinct from the surrounding surface and center button that at least a third of the time I make an incorrect selection....
Did you read past the headline? Apple helped those non-iPhone buying third world countries by magnitudes. Why make Apple sound self-serving when clearly they're not?