or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

Think of it this way, we Yanks are just guinea pigs for the perfected devices and services you will get. 😳
One man's "walled garden" is another man's well-oiled machine. I'm looking forward to changing channels on my wrist.
Apple has its own cachet, Google has to borrow theirs from others.
Once again Google lets Apple do years of R&D heavy lifting, then steps in with a reverse engineered product in record time. These guys have no honor.
Several have wondered about why so many books and movies about Steve. Just as Apple products command so much attention because of the mystery and privacy that Apple cultivates as a part of its culture, so too the guy that lived that way. I believe that Steve took that obsession with secrecy from his personal life and applied it to his company. It's only natural that people want to know more about him, just as they can't get enough of his products. One of the most...
You are right, to a degree, but there are limits. When an actor's physical appearance is at too great a difference from a real person he is portraying that the audience has known in their lives, the "willing suspension of disbelief" can be broken. Not so with fictional characters, or real people from the distant past we know only from still pictures or paintings. I am both a techie and a retired acting teacher.
Jeez, I hope his characterization can overcome the absolute lack of verisimilitude of his physical appearance. Maybe they'll fix this in post. 😉
Now if only the law would require the loser to pay all legal costs, most of these trolls would go away. Right now it pays for them to "go fish."
I've heard one guy who has an aftermarket CarPlay unit say he dreads the wireless version, saying that the wired one is more responsive. Important on maps.
Seriously? Apple is secretive about EVERYTHING. You think CarPlay is being developed behind display windows with factory tours just because it is in production?