or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

I use Apple maps whenever I can, because I hate the Google hegemony. Apple was letter perfect navigating New Zealand by rental car last year. But this year in Japan Apple was worthless to me navigating public transportation. Google Maps was a godsend in getting from place to place by train. Apple can't fix this omission soon enough.
Nothing makes an agency work harder than the threat of an account coming up for review. Having an in-house shop in "competeition" with the outside guys might be kind of brilliant. No need to make threats (repeated threats would lose their impact anyway), because the threat is ever present. It's better than giving part of the account to another agency, because Apple controls it.
Home automation is coming. HomeKit can help it along. But it's not the magic bullet. If Apple can extend and build-out its ecosystem to include common household functions, others may eventually hook into it. The comparison to CarPlay is apt. I suspect the transition will be glacially slow. No one expects you to go out and buy a new HVAC, washing machine, refrigerator, or door locks just to use HomeKit today. But when you do finally need to replace those big-ticket items,...
With such a backlog of dissatisfied iPad owners out there, MS is going to have to hire security to keep order in the lines outside its stores. They've never had to contend with lines before.
What has Ford done after inventing the Model T and Model A? Epic fail.
Touring Japan right now. In every city, town, and venue the iPhone is ubiquitous—clearly the dominant smartphone. You'd think it was invented and made here. Don't these naysayers bother to do primary research?
I am in Tokyo on vacation and it might as well be called iPhone city. I have been paying close attention on the phones I see on the subway and other trains. I estimate that about 95% of young people have iPhones. Of older folks (who have fewer phones generally than the kids) it's about 60% iPhones. Of people who don't have iPhones a surprising number have the old flip phone style, sometimes in pink! Many fewer Samsung phones than you see in the U.S., but they are heavily...
Expensive suite. Is this the best use of assets; perks for high level execs? How about spending that much more to support customers?
El Capitan is consistent with Mavericks in that is is a California place of interest that is a challenge for thrill-seeking sportsmen and women.
If it wasn't public, it wouldn't have much effect. What I am wondering is, if they publish a very bullish report on a stock, does that not influence the stock to rise? If many other big investment houses do the same, doesn't that magnify the effect? Wonder if anyone has done serious study of this.