or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

Oh, Google. Karma's a bitch, isn't it. Once again the "walled garden" doesn't look so "evil," does it? Hope Steve can enjoy this from somewhere.
They should name the building for Steve. Though I bet he left instructions that it shouldn't be.
Will the iMac ever be radically redesigned, or has it reached the point of perfection for its genre?
I've got Apple money burning a hole in my pocket, release something already!
If it works without false positives, this is what I am looking for. As I said in a post yesterday, Touch ID is too fiddly and global for me. Not worried about someone who steals my phone using it to make calls or texts before I brick it. If I could put my brokerage and banking apps only behind theTouch ID wall and leave non-sensitive ones open, I would again use it.
The face of Level will be one-hit wonder, Psy singing "Gang-nam Style." All the cool kids in Koreatown will be wearing them.
Stopped using Touch ID when it started forgetting my prints and I had to redo them three times. Have been told that it has been fixed, but it's just too damn much trouble. Will wait until Apple comes up with a passive form of biometrics that doesn't require so much fiddling. The only thing worth stealing on my phone anyway are passwords, and they're locked up in 1Password. Come to think of it, maybe that's the answer. A lockbox. User decides which functions require Touch...
Gene "Turd in the Punchbowl" Munster.
"The next big thing is here." Apologies (and sympathies) to Samsung.
Sloppy reporting making Apple look bad? Shocker! But I thought it was only new media that did that . . .