or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

What a classless blowhard. Don't you just love a guy who wasn't in the fight telling you how he would've won had he been in it?
Not so at either of the two places I use it regularly: Trader Joe's and Stater Bros. Markets. While the checker is doing my order I just pass the watch ofer the terminal and it's done. Checker doesn't even look up. Job done.
Why are Aussies being such dicks of late? What happened to all that hang-loose bonhomie their national PR has always fronted? They are Apple's weenie on the barbie instead of their steak.
This made me smile because years ago I was hired by Apple to be an in-store rep for the roll-out of the Bondi Blue first iMac. When a buyer asked me whether they should get the Best Buy extended warranty, I told them that Apple products were so reliable and that Apple's own warranty was good enough that I thought they should save their money. Not long after the manager approached me and gave me a chewing out. Apparently when asked at the register if they wanted the...
Will current iMacs take advantage of the better standard?
"Sagging" sales? iPads have reached a point of maturity like iMacs. You don't need to run out and buy a new one every refresh cycle. The "sag" is a normalization of purchase cycle.
Sounds a little too precious to me. There's a fine line to walk here, and I hope Apple isn't going too Burberry on us. If it's about ridding us of welded plastic product safes, fine. But row upon row of little white boxes . . . not so much.
M C(ircling the drain) X
Any tactic that cuts off Google's air supply is double-plus good.
Apple prints money: stock goes down. Google wheels out smoke and mirrors: stock goes up. Wall Street hates Apple.