or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

Is there a legal requirement or time-honored custom that competitors (or those who fancy themselves such) are required to respond to the initiatives of others? I must have missed the memo. Can you imagine Ford issuing a statement satirizing General Motors' past press releases? Decorum: a virtue lost on the generation of the Information Age. Those who emit Tweets like farts at the least impulse.
I wonder what effect, if any, the new ´ú┐Music will have on iTunes Match? I am in the midst of digitizing hundreds of vinyl disks in order to get pristine digital copies. Would hate to finish this laborious process only to find that Match has disappeared.
Sad, but Apple Stores seem to have a victim of its own success. I worked for one during the first two years of their existence. There was a genuine esprit de corps; we felt special. Loss prevention was aimed at shoppers, not us. Apple recruited genuine Apple fanboys and girls. We still had the spirit of the pirate flag among us. Now, the sales force need is so great they probably hire laid-off Microsoft store employees. I can't imagine any of the people I worked with...
Apart from sales opportunities, any reduction in China's leverage over Apple is a welcome development.
Still having trouble at Home Depot. Used the live checkout clerk because self check out doesn't to ApplePay. Checker said, yes, we take ApplePay, but we couldn't get the terminal to take it using either the watch or phone.
Yes and no. Developers don't, but the keynote is outward facing. Excerpts will be widely broadcast and posted. This is Apple's mid-year big event.
I miss the name badges. It's nice to know who you're talking to.
What's the female version of a black mock turtleneck, 501's, and grey New Balance sneaks?
I have been complaining about this for weeks, by PM to AI, on these boards, and in my app review on the store. It never gets any better. For the first time this morning, after starting to listen, and the guy talking about Metaior (sp?) came on and was inaudible, I just turned it off and switched over to the Clockwise podcast which was loud and clear.Either they can't do anything about this, or they just don't care. Until they fix it I'm just going to rely on reading AI...
Wonder if they had to revisit their agreement with Apple Records now that they are using that name directly for music.