or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

Wish you had also taken readers' advice on offering a pay-once no subscription option. My money remains in my pocket and not yours until this option is offered. I really want to reward you for your work, but not by being shackled to a pay forever plan.
Windows phone among "Other"? Sad, because it is a worthy OS. Will be even better with Windows 10, but maybe too little, too late.
I agree with Paxman. We have become numbed by the enormity of corporate salaries. Especially galling are the truckloads of money paid to execs who show up late in the game, then depart after a ccuple of years, often having failed. It's high stakes nonsense, like the difference between the 5% the real estate agent makes on a modest house in suburbia vs. the 5% earned by the agent who sold Aaron Spelling's widow's house in California a while back. Did the latter agent work...
Some of these posts seem to imply that the Messages app on iOS is some kind of "walled garden." That it's iMessage or no message. I text my non-iOS friends using SMS, and my iOS friends with iMessage using the same Messages app. Magic. The only bummer is that a group message seems to default to SMS if the is one or more non-iMessage people among the addressees.
Do you get Fox News in Ireland?
"A bastion"? Oh yes, I forgot, everyone here in California lives in constant fear that after being pulled over for speeding they will be tortured to the point of soiling their pants. Gee, arguing in hyperboles is fun!
Paxman, if Snowden were living in Saudi Arabia and acting against their state, your example would carry a lot of weight. Within the justice system of the U.S., not so much.
Real heroes of conscience stand and face the music (MLK, Ghandi, Mandela, Ellsberg, et al.). They don't run and hide, particularly into the arms of our philosophical enemies. That is the honorable way to dissent in a democracy. Snowden has diminished himself and his motivations.
I'm a liberal, and I feel exactly the same way. The guy just rubs me the wrong way. Not surprizing to hear that he has streak of tinfoil-hat in him.
I will be among the first to buy the cheapest version. As an unabashed Apple fan and hobbyist, this is all fun to me. I just want to see for myself whether there is an AppleWatch-sized hole in my life that it will fit. I expect that it will be far less capable than version two or three, but since Apple products have such high resale value, I plan to trade-up. Whether it will ultimately be judged a successful product or not, I intend to enjoy the ride up, or down. Why not?