or Connect

Posts by Robin Huber

Dekker's was a false comparison. Demand for iPhones today blinds us to what supply and demand were like in the early years. Apple had just about enough capacity to keep up with one carrier. It was a beautiful plan driven by necessity, but the exclusivity also worked to Apple's benefit as much as AT&T's.Dekker's business decision was to turn customers away from making purchases through an established secure system with limitless capacity. There was no physical reason why...
I am enjoying the Fitness and Activity apps on the watch as much as anything. I, too, have never used a fitness band. But my wife tried to use the Weight Watchers ones they gave us when we re-upped our memberships. It was so confusing that I decided to just wait for the Watch that I knew was coming in the spring. In fairness to WW they have since dropped their tracker in favor of the Fit Bit. I will be very pleased if WW comes out with a full-on app for the watch. I use...
Apple has more money than Croesus. They can buy forests, create dozens of server and solar farms, but cannot fab their own silicon. It can't be for lack of money or brains. Would rather forego my dividends than see Apple held hostage by the vicissitudes of this industry.
Melanin is a natural variation in human skin. Ink is not. Life choices have consequences. Not a judgement. If you enjoy body art, fine. Just don't expect products to account for your choices. On the other hand, it's good that this is known. If true, Apple should make it clear to avoid disappointed buyers.
Waiting for reviews and curation. Am shocked at how few reviews there have been of the watch by people who have actually used it. Weren't some seeded? Even MacWorld in their May issue e-zine reviewed on a store try-on. What gives?
There will also be "consequences" for stores that persist in limiting their customers to an inferior payment system, Dekkers. Good luck with your walled weed garden.
Has anyone been successful in scheduling one of those personal online watch set-up sessions that the email from Apple (to those who got their watches) promised? I've tried numerous times from all devices and keep getting an error message.
Thank you, I had been using the Ship To phone number. Tried the Billing phone number and it worked. Getting Sport tomorrow from Rialto (CA). I live about 45 minutes from there so it will probably ship late tonite or early tomorrow morning. That's why I haven't heard from Apple directly yet.
I was an original Apple Store employee (2001) and I didn't mind having a tag at all. Now, as just a customer I like knowing who is helping me. Our local stores (there are three within my area) are always packed and loud. When I come in and the concierge guy says Paul will help you back by the Genius Bar, it's nice to be able to identify Paul.
I have no particular problem with Gatorguy, but the thread makes me think of Andy Ihnatko of late. He is a regular on the TWIT podcast, MacBreak Weekly, and over the years has evolved into an Andoid apologist. Very annoying, as he used to be a total Mac guy.