or Connect

Posts by dav

so, would it be fair to say that the difference doesn't:
Final Cut Pro and iMovie to be replaced with new Movies app!
How would you feel about subscription models moving toward other areas?  If you could no longer buy or own music or books, only pay a monthly fee to access media - are you fine with that? In an extreme model there was a recent story of automakers wanting to prohibit self-repair or modification of vehicles (link) - maybe we shouldn't own vehicles, only lease? Just curious about people's opinions.
I understand for pros making a living off the software -- if there's an overall increase in cost, that will be reflected in increased rates.  My problem is being a hobbiest who wants to use pro tools, I find it too expensive and dissauding.  I don't want another subscription model.  Right now I'm looking at Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, and using Aperture till it stops.
I have a hard time believing anything Monster has to say after this... http://www.bluejeanscable.com/legal/mcp/
i think the answer is that you're not supposed to own media anymore.  just subscribe for a monthly fee, and they'll stream it for you.  software, movies, music, books - it seems like it's all going this way, and when you stop paying, it's gone.  no need for an ipod, or high capacity devices, you can just access it for $XX/month. unfortunately, i agree with steve, i like to own.
a lot of whining over this, what, were you all raised by wolves?!  fine, be upset, but i'm going to sleep like a baby tonight.
i thought only surgeons got "god complexes" - i guess judges do too.
...ummm... tacos
BeatCoins by Dre