or Connect

Posts by msimpson

And don't forget that Apple is now paying a dividend.  Which makes valuing Apple stock even more interesting, and also gives a reason to hold the Apple stock even if the share price levels off.   With Apple EPS numbers and all the cash they have on hand, Apple will continue to be a good stock to own.
  Clueless statement.  This is not the old Apple making a few candy colored iMacs.  When Apple makes product now they sells MILLIONS the first day it is released.  To get all the parts they need, and get them assembled it would be impossible to hide things like Apple used to be able to.   Add in to it that there is a lot more interest paid to Apple now as well.  Every loser wants to be the first to post some info about a new Apple product,
Mini iPad parts?  No way.   They look like parts from the HumanCentiPad.    
  If your "friend" gives you an iPad that fell off the back of a truck, you are gonna have a bad time.   Maybe the clowns thought that taking some items from a person with more money than they have, and giving those items to who the clowns think should have them was just another form of income redistribution?  Maybe call it "Clown-care"?   After all, who knows better than the Clowns?
Minor point, but the following statements are misleading:   Google subsequently acquired Motorola Mobility, gaining ownership of several patents essential to H.264. It has used these patents to seek import injunctions and demand billions in licensing royalties from Microsoft and Apple as leverage against patent infringement claims targeting Android.   I don't believe that the Motorola H.264 patents are what they are trying to use to seek import injunctions and...
  Exactly.  If Qualcomm pays a royalty to Samsung/Google/Motorola for FRAND patents needed to make their communications  chips comply with telecom standards, then why should Apple also have to pay a royalty.  Qualcomm would cover the costs in what they charge Apple for the chips.   In regards to the "one bullet to kill" argument - I bet there are a lot of "bullets" in the package of FRAND patents that if not included would make it impossible to implement the industry...
  Exactly, what does the large section on taxes have anything to do with Apple paying a dividend?     Capital Gains taxes are not just "taxes on the rich".   Everyone pays the same rate on capital gains.  I am not rich, but I am saving and investing money for retirement and I do have to pay capital gains taxes on dividends too.   Don't forget that the money I earned and saved to invest for retirement was already taxed once as income at the higher rate for income, and then...
  **Fixed**   Exactly, compared to the ads we see daily from every other compan,y these Apple ads were not bad.  Only because Apple has had some great ads in the past, and a lot of pube fanbois and critics did these commercials get bad press.   99% of the people who watched them were not bothered by them.   I have watched very little of the Olympics, but of what I have seen, the most disturbing and annoying commercials are the political attack ads that are being run....
  Exactly...   How many people will buy "finger tongs"  to hold their chicken wings so their fingers don't get dirty?  Come on...      The site looks like someone scanned ads and photos from Christmas catalogs or magazines from Neiman-Marcus, Restoration Hardware. Architectural Digest, Town & Country, or similar outfits, and then posted them on a blog.   Stupid stuff for stupid folks.   The one item I find interesting is the greeting card that says "Not sent from my...
  Kay's Dynabook had a keyboard on it, but it was in a flat rectangular shape.  It was to be programmed in Smalltalk.     The tablets in 2001 were to be programmed in HALtalk.   "Close the Case statement, HAL.   HAL?  HAL, Close the Case statement.  HAL do you read me?"