or Connect

Posts by msimpson

Where exactly does that $500M go?    Linus Torvalds?   Lawyers?       The Linux Foundation is a nonprofit consortium dedicated to fostering the growth of Linux. Seems like some sort of marketing / public image move by Samsung to make it look like they are a benevolent concerned organization.   I wonder how much they have paid lawyers fighting Apple?     $500M would feed a lot of starving kids, or buy a lot of razors for Linux programmers.
Gonna save this message so we can come back to it later after next week's announcement, and then we can see what is 100% fake.
  You don't know what they are pricing this model at.  It could be a low-end model designed to meet what a huge market of consumers are looking for.  Many of the parts in this model may not be the latest, thin, hottest ones out there, but they are going to be much easier and cheaper for Apple to obtain a steady supply of.     Apple has already offered different screen options in the 15" model and that is the market segment that is more likely to pay extra for a retina...
  A new version of HyperCard that let you create web-based apps using HTML5 would be very cool.   With ties to iCloud.   Now that would be something useful.
  Watch out, while you are blinded by sticking it in your eyes, Tim Cook might steal your french fries.
  I don't have Twitter configured in iOS5,  however I still get a button to "tweet" photos.    Can that be disabled?   I don't care how many "social networking" hooks they put in iOS, just let us turn them ALL off and don't annoy us with them unless we want it...   Remember "the computer for the rest of us"
Thunderbolt is essentially the PCI bus extended off the motherboard and onto cables.  Additional lines carry DisplayPort signals.   On desktops and laptops it is easier to support because 1) those systems already have a PCI bus,   2)  Intel is providing support for it on some chipsets, and it can be added to others with additional chips.   On an iPhone or iPad, the additional support required in terms of chips, space and power are not worth tradeoffs.  
Is this getting stupid?   "Yep"
I am looking forward to some MagSafe pants.   the iBelt
   Yes please.  Let me turn off all references to Twitter and Facebook.  There are apps for that.    Let Facebook make its own phone, apps, even desktop computers.   There are so many more useful and empowering things Apple can deliver to the user.