or Connect

Posts by msimpson

Another totally bogus rumor. Apple has no intention of using any metal or glass in their future case designs. Now that Greenpeace as labeled them "Evil", Apple will switch to cases made from hemp.
I don't think there is any doubt now that Greenpeace singled out Apple because of Apple recent success and growth and position as an industry leader. To have these protests organized and ready to go makes this all seem very planned and orchestrated. To act like Apple is ignoring environmental issues is pretty weak - their plans for the North Carolina and Oregon data centers show they are taken environmental concerns into their plans. If you looked at the massive...
Tim Cook was spotted entering the Vatican today.
Of course all companies are evil, and it is the responsibility of organizations like Greenpeace -who are all honorable and have no agenda - to play judge and jury in the court of public opinion. And of course, if you are not an evil company, you get a free pass to fly around the world lecturing other ones on their failings, build big, energy consuming houses, and blackmail organizations into buying "carbon credits". And I have some swamp land in Florida I can sell you. ...
So did Greenpeace examine the ice cores to come up with this assessment? Only the deniers ignore the ice cores. How many glaciers has Apple melted? I did not know Dell offered any cloud services. They are not the first company I think of for hosting. Maybe they meant "clown services". I wonder if anyone has done a study to examine how much energy is saved by using the cloud to work remotely and save workers from driving to offices to work every day? As Eric...
He needs to play HL2 or Portal on OSX. Then he will understand. It was one of the best days in Apple history, IMHO, when Valve announced they would be supporting the Mac. And I have been using Apple computers since the Apple II days. Signed, Bill Budge
Still have my Apple II and original Mac. My own personal computer museum. All the other pre-OSX Macs I have owned (LC's, SE's, PowerMac's, Quadra's, etc) are gone. The dude needs to go on the Antique Roadshow... "This is a final example of Macintosh hardware from the early 1980's pre-Sculley period, with a unique rare configuration. It is not in the original packaging, but it is in good condition and has not been refinished or altered. I would say that, conservatively,...
It might be possible to boot it from an external 3.5" floppy, except for one thing. Those are not the final production ROM's. They may not have the code in the boot sequence to read from 3.5" floppies. The original ROM's contained QuickDraw and other system code that left very little room for extra's. There are stories about Burrell, Andy, and Atkinson sweating long hours to squeeze every last bit of space out of the ROMs.It might be possible to replace those EPROM's...
Having the ability to build quick and simple front-ends to hosted server apps or data would be very useful to companies. This needs hooks to access data stored on servers or in iCloud, including data shared by groups of users, not just a individuals. iCloud could also act as a method to host/distribute these apps to groups. The type of apps this would be useful for are simple data sharing and distribution apps, not heavy computation or customized user interfaces and...
OK, being objective - factor in Amazon selling books at a loss. That could qualify as unfair business practices - an attempt to knock other companies out of the e-book market and obtain a monopoly position for themselves - then they control the prices. The US government is currently battling with the Chinese over the Chinese selling solar panels at below cost in attempt to take control of the market and drive competition out. So it works both ways. Competition is...