or Connect

Posts by msimpson

And just how would buying twitter make any sense for Apple? How is twitter going to make money? Sell ads? Typical Twitterheads.. The lack of business insight and the inability to understand the long-term implications of their actions. Instant gratification. The future of our country is bleak. Go have a $5 cup of coffee at Starbucks and tweet the other sheep all about it. And maybe they will get a pop-up ad for a coupon to save on their next Starbucks.
It's all Bush's fault...
Gruber really sticks his neck out on predictions... "may never see the light of day" Has that guy ever had an original thought? Apple has buildings full of prototypes that never become a shipping product. The rumor game has evolved and Gruber is out of touch. Bribing Apple interns with free beer at Cupertino bars is so last week. These days, any Apple iOS device will have millions of units produced before it is announced. When Apple is ready to release a...
We all need to grow up and learn that we cannot think for ourselves and that big government and the elitists will take care of us, right? Have you ever worked in China? Ever visited there? Ever seen how iPhones are assembled? If Foxconn would give all of its workers a hoodie with an Apple logo on it, then they will quickly get over this stupid idea that working hard will allow them and their families to live a better life. Thanks so much for setting us all straight.
Personally I don't think Apple will release a TV. I think Steve was feeding Isaacson a bit of misleading information. When Steve said he "cracked the Apple TV", that means he threw his iPhone at the screen because he hated the new Apple TV interface so much.
Since it looks like playing a game on the new iPad will not cause you to catch on fire or get burned, it would be nice to know how much battery power remains after playing a game on those systems for one hour? Could you play the same game for two hours on any of those tablets only on battery power? I have my suspicions on what the results would be, but some test results would be nice to have.
In the global economy companies have to deal with different cultures with different histories and interpretations of ethical behavior. What would would seem as copying, plagiarizing, or stealing in the US is not viewed the same way everywhere. Making a cheaper copy of what someone else has created is considered OK, and patents mean little. You can negotiate all you want, and they will sit there and smile and act agreeable and make promises, but they have no intention...
Intel is not exactly taking the market by storm with their smaller process technology. Yet. Ivy Bridge has been delayed. Their lower power Atom processors on 32nm are nothing special. I doubt they could match the A5X in power efficiency when integrated into a tablet. There is a lot more that goes into efficient chip design than just shrinking the process. I see the A5X as being similar to the "tick tock" strategy Intel has been using - first you get the design...
It depends on who is posting. Android users = fucking sharp Apple users = crazy sharp LASIK users = laser sharp
Will the NY Times be investigating their working conditions?