or Connect

Posts by msimpson

Still have my Apple II and original Mac. My own personal computer museum. All the other pre-OSX Macs I have owned (LC's, SE's, PowerMac's, Quadra's, etc) are gone. The dude needs to go on the Antique Roadshow... "This is a final example of Macintosh hardware from the early 1980's pre-Sculley period, with a unique rare configuration. It is not in the original packaging, but it is in good condition and has not been refinished or altered. I would say that, conservatively,...
It might be possible to boot it from an external 3.5" floppy, except for one thing. Those are not the final production ROM's. They may not have the code in the boot sequence to read from 3.5" floppies. The original ROM's contained QuickDraw and other system code that left very little room for extra's. There are stories about Burrell, Andy, and Atkinson sweating long hours to squeeze every last bit of space out of the ROMs.It might be possible to replace those EPROM's...
Having the ability to build quick and simple front-ends to hosted server apps or data would be very useful to companies. This needs hooks to access data stored on servers or in iCloud, including data shared by groups of users, not just a individuals. iCloud could also act as a method to host/distribute these apps to groups. The type of apps this would be useful for are simple data sharing and distribution apps, not heavy computation or customized user interfaces and...
OK, being objective - factor in Amazon selling books at a loss. That could qualify as unfair business practices - an attempt to knock other companies out of the e-book market and obtain a monopoly position for themselves - then they control the prices. The US government is currently battling with the Chinese over the Chinese selling solar panels at below cost in attempt to take control of the market and drive competition out. So it works both ways. Competition is...
Is there a Google Insider site I can go to post trollish comments ? Or do people even care enough to start a web site that follows the news and rumors about Google closely and let people make comments? And that is the point - most people just know Google as a search company that pops up annoying ads they tolerate to get search results or a free Gmail account. They tolerate beta products because they are free. Some might notice the Google logo popup on their smartphone...
Google's target is the wall. As in "throw shit on it and see what sticks".
A slow hate day for you?
And just how would buying twitter make any sense for Apple? How is twitter going to make money? Sell ads? Typical Twitterheads.. The lack of business insight and the inability to understand the long-term implications of their actions. Instant gratification. The future of our country is bleak. Go have a $5 cup of coffee at Starbucks and tweet the other sheep all about it. And maybe they will get a pop-up ad for a coupon to save on their next Starbucks.
It's all Bush's fault...
Gruber really sticks his neck out on predictions... "may never see the light of day" Has that guy ever had an original thought? Apple has buildings full of prototypes that never become a shipping product. The rumor game has evolved and Gruber is out of touch. Bribing Apple interns with free beer at Cupertino bars is so last week. These days, any Apple iOS device will have millions of units produced before it is announced. When Apple is ready to release a...