or Connect

Posts by msimpson

I think the analysts are all wrong. There will be no new iPad mini. Retina or otherwise. The iPad mini will be discontinued. The retina displays will all be reserved for the new iPhone 5p with a 7 inch screen. Who needs an iPad mini when you have phone with a 7" screen? The event on Oct 22 will be to reveal more new colors for the iPhone 5c. That is why the analysts think Apple is cutting orders for the 5c. Apple is really just adjusting 5c orders to handle the new...
So where exactly would you plan to wear the device so it can't be seen if it is not on your wrist?   Is there some place else you would strap it on or plug it in?
Watching the ad over the weekend, I got the impression that the actual display on the device was not being shown in the ads.  It looked like they had faked the screenshots.   It was too hard to read all the fine print in the disclaimers to see if they mentioned that.
There will definitely be niche markets where a product like Google Glasses could be useful, but the only people who seem to have embraced it as a major item are the typical "digital media" crowd at all the rumor and news sites.  These are the people who's lives depend on "the next big cool thing" - they have to have something to hype, to test, to criticize, to report on, to lie to investors about, etc.  They are desperate for any "growth products", but sadly for them...
  "This watch. This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that watch was your birthright. He’d be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch...
 Would your advice to BMW, Porsche and Mercedes be that they need to come out with low cost economy models to compete with Kia and Hyundia ?   Possibly start making pickup trucks?
But are they bigger than Chicken Little, Inc. ?
How many "game changing" products has Microsoft, Google, Samsung or anyone else released in the last few years? The phablet, glasses and wristwatch markets have not proved to be "game changers" so far.
I will wait for the wrist watch version.
Glad I am still on iOS 5.