or Connect

Posts by ScartArt

It isn't just that one. Have a couple of friends that have the same issue and there are a lot of complaints on Apple's community forums. My 4s bogs down every now and then which it didn't do on iOS 6. My iPad 2 isn't too bad, although you close the cover and it takes about 3 seconds before you hear the lock sound. Hopefully Apple will release an upgrade to improve performance on older devices.
I guess that would depend if you are stupid enough to sign up to a really expensive plan. My daughter has a £7.50 per month plan and wants a 5c but not at £480. Her iPhone 4 should have been good for another year or so but iOS 7 has turned that into something with all the responsiveness as a cheap Android phone. Will probably end up getting a second hand 4s or 5 from eBay once all the 5s upgraders have their new phones and the market becomes flooded.
correct, their premise is the extra 3M was made up of 5c phones sitting on shelves rather than there being any extra demand.
There was no suggestion of channel stuffing the 5s, that sold out - all inventory that went into the channel was sold on to end customers so the 'shipped' and 'sold' figures are one in the same. The channel stuffing suggestion was all around the 5c.
The reason Android phones went large in the first place was so a larger battery could be used to get around the problem of poor battery life. Battery life still seems to be an issue because they aren't able to produce a 'mini' version without slowing down the processor and removing memory etc.
Given Apple would never lower the price I would at least expect the CPU speed to be increased to justify the cost. For a machine which first launched at a relatively competitive price, now 10 months down the road just looks uncompetitive. If Haswell hasn't been available at the price point or quantities that Apple wants up until this point then they should have refreshed the MBP a few months ago with 802.11ac, PCIe SSD and a clock speed increase. Then introduce Haswell...
How is your decision to replace a machine related to how often Apple should refresh their product?
The MBP should be getting a twice yearly update to keep it competitive, if this was the case then a delay such as thunderbolt 2 wouldn't be such an impact. We basically have the situation where people has been putting off a purchase for many months now. The vast majority of MBPs I see are 13" models used by corporate users, the only thunderbolt accessory they use is a VGA adapter. Just release an updated 13" now without TB2.
I find it interesting that Apple continues to heavily push the 5c on their web site. For the last three weeks when you visit their home page you get the 5c in your face. If you pause you will see the 5s but I would have thought they would want to promote their top of the range phone first. 
 I have the misfortune to use Vodafone in the UK which has an appalling 3G network, most of the time I have to turn it off to save battery and avoid phone calls being dropped however when I need data I toggle it on. I also use VPN quite often so would like that to be in control center rather than 3 menus deep. I don't use calculator that often, I'd rather have weather. Unlike others who have commented, I use airplane mode every day so I wouldn't want that to go away. The...