or Connect

Posts by jakeb

It works right or left handed. You can flip the whole interface.
I like this. Totally different use case than the Apple watch. Just passive set and forget tracking of activity and sleep, super low-cost.   It could be the gateway drug to smarter wearables for a lot of people. 
Considering that someone hacked/gained access to my PayPal account and bought about $2000 worth of Amazon and Ebay items and PayPal never caught it and even basically accused me of trying to scam them when I called in to report the fraud, they can take this ad and shove it. 
Tim is the coolest. People compare his personality to SJ and of course it will seem understated in that comparison. But I love the Mister-Rogers-mafia-boss thing that Tim has going on.
It's a shame that distance charging isn't ready for primetime yet. The idea of the watch slowly charging while you're still wearing it in bed, or at your desk, or even if you do take it off and just set it on your nightstand, as long as you're within a few meters of the base station... that would be awesome. In a sense it would feel like unlimited battery life. 
 There are lots of pics with women wearing the smaller model and it looks totally normal women-sized. It's actually pretty small. 
I'm sure there will be regular updates. They didn't hire 50 bio-sensor experts to make a heart rate monitor.
For some perspective, check out this thread about the original iPod release   http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=500   "iPoop... iCry. I was so hoping for something more." "Great just what the world needs, another freaking MP3 player." "I still can't believe this! All this hype for something so ridiculous! Who cares about an MP3 player? I want something new! I want them to think differently!" "A bad fit. This product is outside Apple's core competancy -...
 I can't tell if that would be genius or crazy. Can you imagine if Steve actually taped a message back when he wasn't sure if he'd be around to see the launch of his last awesome project. "If you're watching me on this tape, that means I'm gone. I have no idea if these bozos have f****d up my awesome project but they better have done a good job." 
COME ON. Don't do it.  Not saying they're bad, Apple did this in 2004 already. Don't live in the past.