or Connect

Posts by jakeb

People made fun of Beats 1 being "old world", but there's no rule that says that just because it's streaming audio, no humans can be involved. Just because it's not being broadcast from a tower, why should that stop people from creating curated programming? The radio format can be a great medium on it's own if done well -- and they're doing it really well.
Totally convinced they're making an optional physical keyboard for the iPad pro. It will be based on the new MacBook keyboard. Explains why they used San Francisco on the MacBook keyboard and updated iOS to it at the same time, when they've never cared about having the same typeface on both -- this new iPad software keyboard is a digital twin of its upcoming physical cousin..
Luckily not too many normal people will learn about Apple Music by watching that keynote because damn. The promo site though: http://www.apple.com/music/?itscg=1001&at=1000lGN&ct=US-google&cid=wwa-us-kwg-music They did a great job with that. 
ES6 does.
They're going to have to bump up storage after Google's store-all-your-photos-free announcement at IO. I don't need "free", but I do need to not max out before I save everything currently on my phone. 
Well deserved! 
Honestly, Kanye would be the perfect artist for this and it shows the involvement of the Beats team. Kanye is somebody who makes people feel something, whether they love him or hate him (but is generally respected for his music, aside from his polarizing persona). U2 was so "safe" that not too many people have feelings about them one way or another. Safe isn't cool.
 Where do you get your 4k content? 
Kind of genius. The micro hotspot might be the future of letting the Apple Watch work without an iPhone. Only need a tiny extra thing in your pocket. But, if you bring your phone as well, it can connect to the micro hotspot too rather than needing its own sim and data plan. 
Depends on how the team is structured, but if he was essentially the product director at Beats, I think there's hope that a little of that UI flair will make it into the new product.