or Connect

Posts by jakeb

It's true. It's beautiful. Great natural environment and perfect weather. Regulations are a bit of a drag, but I'd rather that than have people trashing the place. 
This is only somewhat related, but I just love how classy it is that they're having apricot trees -- traditionally grown in that area -- instead of apple trees. Any other company named "Apple" wouldn't be able to help themselves. All trees would be apple trees and the whole thing would be painted red. It's a small thing, but it's one of the reasons I really appreciate Apple as a company.

Not really true. Earnings per share go up, P/E goes up, each share becomes a larger piece of the company. If buybacks don't matter, then dilution of shares wouldn't matter either. But just as no one wants their shares diluted, buybacks are a real and good thing.
 It's not typical, but it's entirely possible for a company to own itself and be governed by a board of directors. They could choose to issue privately held shares, but it wouldn't be a legal requirement. 
Good luck with that. I will note that that's the same marketing angle Blackberry used on it's way out. Apple was a cool looking toy, but Blackberry was for people who got things done.
Wow. Just wow. That's just shameless.   They couldn't have waited a few months to try and play it off as a new idea?
Ah, the low budget ipad to go with that new low budget iphone.
Those dirty schemers at Apple are cheating by releasing multiple new products in more countries and selling more of them than ever before! How dare they!
 Not sure if sarcasm there, but why does it matter if the "more people" buying it are American or Chinese? Bottom line, Apple made more iPhones and sold more iPhones. There's no funny business in those numbers.