or Connect

Posts by jakeb

It would be nice for them to address the obsolescence question, but...   After working on a Watchkit App, it becomes clear that the Apple Watch is designed mostly as wearable external monitor for the iPhone. In Xcode, the simulator is even listed under "External monitors", shared with iPhone video-out. The Apple watch will likely get thinner, get better battery life, get a better screen, get wireless charging, get fancier health sensors, get style updates... but the core...
You can imagine street view type detail integrated into flyover. Right now flyover works great as a flyover, but you can zoom down to street level. What if this data was seamlessly integrated into one perfect 3d model?
It's not one of the top 3? I would be shocked if it beat cash, credit, and debit right out of the gate.
I really wish Apple had acquired MFP. The interface leaves a little to be desired, but as a whole it's the only calorie tracker that actually works. The database has every food ever. The barcode scanning works perfectly. It integrates with basically every other fitness app and service that exists.
Let's see. Which one do you think is more likely? That Google can build a relatively simple app that routes drivers to people who need rides (a slight feature on top of Google maps)? Or that Uber can start from scratch and build their own self-driving car? Google copies, but Uber is run by jerks. I'm enjoying this no matter how it turns out.
I wish there were a video feed of the call. I really want to see Tim report the numbers and just drop the mic and walk out.   
I would love some actual Chinese people to weigh in on this, but I get the sense that Apple adapts to Asian markets much more gracefully than Samsung adapts to American markets.
Well that is how things worked with the web and email before we started this app nonsense where you have to download 40mb binary files to access a single thing.
That's why they call it MacRumors and not MacCertainties :)
Only natural in the system that we've designed. There is a huge power imbalance when companies make deals with each worker individually. All you need to say is "Hey, you won't work 16 hour shifts? I've got a line of people around the block who will." And the reason they will is -- they're afraid if they don't someone ELSE will. So it drives the value of the work down to the absolute minimum.  The reason tech workers get paid a lot isn't simply because they're skilled. It's...