or Connect

Posts by jakeb

Snow White was awesome. Much better than the weird mid-90s Performa style http://www.forevermac.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/macintosh-lc-520-300x264.jpg
It's kind of hilarious to see them position Glass as technology that "keeps you in the moment" when the primary objection to Glass is that your attention will forever be split between the online and offline worlds.
Apple bought luxvue to solve the display problem. They've got very low power micro LEDs
I'm sure they can come up with something that doesn't ruin the feel. If they're pulling down a security shutter at night, they could also have retractable pylons that looked like shiny mac pros or something
It threw me too but it's a i, not an LIn some fonts upper case I(i) looks like lower case l (L)
The 7 for 1 split is genius, psychologically.   10 for 1 and we'd still be stuck at the same levels because people would just mentally move the decimal point. Oh, $53? That's the old $530.    But with 7 for 1, you don't have people hanging onto those undervalued numbers. Most people can't easily eyeball a 1/7th division quickly, so they have a chance to revalue the stock without the gut feeling that is just somehow isn't worth more than x because that's where it had...
Oh hells yes. I know stock splits are technically meaningless, but AAPL has been weighed down by completely meaningless negative sentiment. A psychological reset like this might just get things moving up to a reasonable valuation.
Will the patience last? What in the world are they talking about? Wall Street already has has ZERO patience for Apple. They've been ridiculously punished for having the best balance sheet and only the slightest uncertainty about exactly how much growth to expect.
That was was a great ad. Also I love the heart rate shot. Laying the groundwork for healthbook. Only question for me was... What was the rocket launching app??? How would that work?
I really like this strategy. They're chipping their way around the tv dial. The more channels they get to sign on, the more other channels will feel pressure to sign on. Then as more channels are signed on, they'll start competing with better availability of content, showing things as they air, not just after.    Hopefully Apple is trying to get some exclusivity deals. It would be sad if they did all the work in figuring out the business viability with these channels and...