or Connect

Posts by eridium

We care a lot. I usually have a portable Mac for just that, carrying around. For real work I have a desktop Mac, and I'm waiting to dump my PowerBook to get one of these. There's a huge market for small, light portables ... it's called Japan. You may already have a 13" portable, that's well and good, but just because you already have one doesn't mean that others wouldn't covet the small and light 13" ultraportable. I'll buy it the moment it's announced. By the way, the...
This may not be for everyone, but for people who want everything with all the weight, go out and get yourself the regular MacBook/MacBookPros. I will buy the new ultraportable the moment it hits shelves, and I'm certain that this ultraportable will help Apple in a market where it's done poorly the past few years: Japan. Most Japanese think that a 4-5 lbs notebook is absurd. I owned a PowerBook 2400c, the last Apple subnotebook to be released (in 1997 and, interestingly,...
I find it meaningless that you criticize his references without offering your superior financial analysis. When pressed to do so, you shirk: "Rule #1 is "never reveal everything you know." If you have nothing of consequence to say then don't waste y/our time writing posts that are even more self-discrediting than Shaw Wu's little investment brief.
Interesting question. I've been to: Tokyo (Ginza) - The most impressive Apple store I've visited, it's 5 stories tall and *packed* with goodies and customers, is very stylish, and the theater/presentation floor is the most cinema-like of any Apple store. Osaka (Japan) - Also pretty impressive, though only 2 stories. Metallic, modern, kind of a polished aluminum look. Emeryville Bay St - The 1st or 2nd Apple store, back when I was a student at UC Berkeley. My friend worked...
Hey Kasper, I hope my comment was helpful in some way, and if not ... here's some more info for you.StarMine, which I believe is a company in San Francisco, makes a business out of rating analysts. For AAPL it has a list of 25 analyst recommendations and assigns a confidence number to each firm. Piper Jaffray (Gene Munster) gets a 77, in the top ranks. Of the firms that are reputable and well-known, only Deutsch Bank rated higher at 80. Goldman Sachs = 77, UBS = 76 and...
Yeah Joe, I've been monitoring Gene Munster's predictions, and rather than half-baked, they've instead always come to fruition as well as or better than he's reported. I made $20k on AAPL stock this year, and many of my trade decisions were influenced by Gene's reporting. His track record is solid. What about yours?
Constable, are his estimates too high? I bought into AAPL around $59-75 last year and AAPL stock price has far surpassed Gene's estimates at the time (he did say a 12-month price target of around $120, which seemed unreal at the time yet today's price is $154.08). If we look at his track record, his estimates might even be characterized as understated.