or Connect

Posts by stupider...likeafox

So that they only take the hit on credit card purchasing once every $20 or $40 rather than for every 99ç.I remember there being a lot of info when iTMS first launched about how Apple was essentially gambling that people would buy songs together and would wait a short period and combine the purchases into a single credit card transaction. I've not heard much about that since. Maybe MSFT couldn't afford to take that hit on single sales.Obviously allowances and gift cards...
No. Current paper ballots are just as easy to tamper with. Voter Verified Paper Audit trails (i.e. eVoting + paper) help, but the answer is cryptography: http://benlog.com/articles/2006/09/1...t-in-the-room/
You can keep the current solution and use Apache settings and some CSS to pretty up the display and make it slightly more functional. I've seen an article before that used Apple's icons and stuff to give it a Mac OS X theme. Googling... Still Googling, haven't found the article I was thinking of. I did find this: http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/ma...che_index.html which will allow you to turn your screenshot above into something like: For future reference you might...
Minor clarification. You said 480p 'sucks'. DVDs are 480i or 576i. 480p > 480i clearly 480p > 576i is perhaps more of a judgement call but assuming a factor of 1.6 (taken from Wikipedia) then 576i = 360p Also, 480p does not imply 3:4 and therefore 640 width, 480p can also mean 16:9 without anamorphic trickery. Put that all together and you're saying DVDs are worse than 'sucks', which as I said is your opinion and it appears you stick by that. It's worth making that...
You need both the Airport Express base station and the appropriate ADSL or Cable modem that outputs to it via ethernet (or you can buy a non-Apple product that combines both, and quite probably costs less too). Of only historical interest, I believe there was an Airport Base Station with a built in dial-up modem (i.e. not ADSL or cable) but I'm not sure if it's even made anymore.
Personal opinion is fine and can't really be argued with, but if better than DVD quality "sucks for movies" then your options for non-sucking movies are currently limited and therefor iTunes movies which are also better than DVD in some cases and equal to non-widescreen 480p in others is a fair offering.
There's actually a few reasons why these iTunes video files should rival and quite possibly beat DVD in certain cases. * newer encoding tech meaning roughly half the bitrate for the same quality * not having to encode black bars (almost always the case with DVDs unless they are 3:4, same as iTunes, or anamorphic 16:9 exactly) which is not only wasteful for the obvious reasons, but can confuse the codec that's trying to capture a very sudden change from color to black...
Well for future reference, any and all applications that support ODF are very bad news for Microsoft, regardless of whether they support MSFT formats as well. A high-profile, consumer-facing OS that makes it trivial for any application to add ODF import and export without sacrificing Microsoft .doc or .docx compatibility (and coincidentally further exploding the convenient propaganda that only Open Source software supports ODF) definitely rates, imho, as a kick in the...
Some Windows advice from Microsoft: "Codec Packs" are evil, don't install them!!
What are you not sure about?* OpenDocument Format being the real Office-killer, not OpenOffice* that ODF will be baked right into Leopard* That supporting ODF is a major kick in the stones for Microsoft* that Apple and Microsoft teamed up to promote MSFT's Open XML format.Yeah, the OpenXML stuff's been obvious since Apple co-sponsored the ECMA submission, a while back. As far as I'm aware the developer seeds are the first public sign of ODF support, though I supposed it...