or Connect

Posts by Soundhound

I use iFreeMem, a little utility that tracks free memory, left over from before I got my newer iMac with plenty of memory (a 2.93ghz i7 with 16 gigs).    Recently I'd noticed a few times when things would get very pokey, and I looked at iFreeMem and it showed almost all free memory gone. I looked in Activity Monitor and something called Adressbooksourcesync is indeed using up tons of memory, all available memory, in fact. I quit the process in Activity Monitor, and...
I've been having some problems with iPhoto (very slow, hangs up a lot etc.) I had moved my iPhoto library to my Drobo storage device, and a few people suggested that might be the problem, that there have been reports of trouble with iPhoto libraries on Drobos. So I copied the library to another external. I was then going to move the library back to the internal drive (i recently got a much larger internal drive). I was looking around for where the files should go, when...
On my mobileme account Email comes in to Mail on my Macbook Pro and my iPhone, but not on my iMac. I can send mail out from the iMac, but not recieve. This started happening a few days ago. I recently had the hard drive replaced on the iMac and did a Restore from Time Machine. Don't know if this behavior started right after that, or a few days after. Anyone know what setting I need to look at on the iMac, Mail etc? Thanks!
What's the right way to do this? I want to clear up some room on my iMac internal drive, and some of the iLife applications create some large files. I know these are located in the Movies, Pictures and Music folders in my User Folder. Do I copy these entire folders to the external HD, or just the files inside them? And once I've moved the files, and told the various apps to look for them on the external, do I delete the folders in my User Folder? Thanks!
Can you use virtual instruments with Garageband like various Native Instruments products, Garritan, First Call Horns etc etc? Thanks.
I'm looking for a quick and easy way, if there is such a thing, for capturing audio in OSX. I'm doing scoring work in Logic, and am always coming across reference ideas in movies, shows, etc., that I'd love to grab. Is there any good way to capture audio streaming from, for example, netflix or youtube? Or any audio that's flowing through the mac at any time. Doesn't have to be great quality, just as reference. The only way I've been able to do this is rent dvds and...
I have several sites I've created on iWeb and are hosted on MobileMe. Now for the first time I purchased a domain name and am setting up a site that will use that domain name. I went through the steps of assigning the personal domain in iWeb, and then had the company I registered the name with point the domain to me.com as instructed. But it seems that it will just be pointing to my mobile me account, and I have several sites up there? Is there a step where I designate...
Thanks. Adding a row above or below definitely helps a lot. I can do that, then copy the text from the two columns into that row, and delete the row they came from. Is that what you meant by click and drag the column (or row?) itself to the new location, or did you mean actually dragging the column (or row) itself? That would be perfect if I could that...
I'm creating a song set list in a table Pages (showing song titles and composers, etc), which I want to change the order of the songs and play with the order. Is it possible to grab rows and move them around? Or are you stuck with the order that you created?
I've built a few sites with iWeb, and now want to do one for a band. There's a service you can use for building the site that has (supposedly) simple ways to do things like forums, and selling music online using paypal. There is a charge to use their web builder and hosting etc of course, and I already have that covered with mobile me. Cah I accomplish these things in iWeb? Have forums on a site, and set it up so we can sell music on the site using paypal? thanks.