or Connect

Posts by AppleSauce007

Well, Let's look at it logically.   1.  Apple nabs 70% of global smartphone profits with only 25% of global market share. 2.  Logically people do not pay so much profits for devices that they are not satisfied with. 3.  The numbers clearly agree with JD Power and Associates 4.  The buying frenzy every time a new iDevice is released says it all.
Don't bet the farm on that.   Apple Maps and Siri are doing great. If William Stasior's team can develop a good search engine with integrated advertising, then Apple can remove Google as the default search engine on iOS and Mac OS X.  
Oh yeah?  Check again... Who has the highest profit share by far in the smart phone industry? Who has nine straight JD Powers awards for customer satisfaction?
UCS, VBlock etc... are not typical servers.  They are very high end packages and super expensive, and they too are designed to run VMWare.     I would not say that they came out of nowhere and disrupt the server market. Cisco, EMC and VMWare rule the high end infrastructure world so what ever the come out with is highly regarded and when they team up to come out with something like VBlock, they know that there is a need for it and how to sell it, so they make money.  If...
I guess that it would take a long time if they used similar search algorithms as google to scan and index the entire Internet. I am no search expert but Siri appears to use different knowledge base sources that have already been developed and can be improved separately. Apple hired William Stasior of amazon A9 fame and Altavista fame to manage Siri last year but they had been building Siri search well before that. Lets see what they come up with. The Altavista was...
  Big businesses don't buy small servers like X-Serve anymore, they buy racks and racks of blade chassis or big 32 or more way servers with integrated ethernet and fiber network switches for data and SAN storage and then they use VMWare to carve them up.  Smaller businesses just rent VMs from Amazon and others.   Apple is populating the world with its iOS and OS X clients right now, it could later on offer private cloud solutions to businesses that simply work better with...
  Well the server market has become a commodity market mainly because they are all designed to run VMWare to support Linux and Windows. I believe Apple has a internal project going with VMWare that could lead to OS X running on virtualized Apple server hardware.  (i.e. Fusion on steroids) The Apple cloud applications (iCloud.com) are few and they currently only run at Apple Data Centers but they will grow in numbers and capability. They could potentially be sold to...
Apple has one thing left to do to truly become independent with the best platform in the world. ...and that is to provide it's own default search engine and perhaps make Google a search an option like Bing and Yahoo. Once that is done, it will have full control of it's platform and a much better integrated search engine.   Apple's Market Disruption Savvy comes from its research teams, but also from it's independence in platform integration and design. Apple can...
iOS does not need ths, this is not how people work. Facebook may work like that but the Facebook integration in iOS is better.
To put it simply.     Apple wants to use WebKit as the engine for a Web Browser.  (Safari)   Google wants to use Blink as the engine for an Operating System.  (Chrome OS)