or Connect

Posts by AppleSauce007

Apple should buy "Nokia Here" mapping and location services business if possible and perhaps the phone patents a.   Apple should buy the Nokia Here" mapping and location services business which is big in automobiles today.  This is an opportunity to have it's own maps data and push iOS in cars in a big way. Since Microsoft is only licensing the patents from Nokia, Apple may wish to buy them if the technologies make sense long term.
  ICahn can not push Apple nor Nuance for that matter but he does own 17% of Nuance and over a Billion invested in Apple, so he has some pull.   He could be more of an ally to Apple if it came to a Nuance purchase.  It would also be better for him if Apple bought Nuance at this point.
I don't think Apple will buy Nuance at 5 to $7 Billion for many reasons in addition to the price.   Nuance has excellent voice recognition but their other products can be undermined.  I think Carl Icahn realizes this.   When Visioneer + ScanSoft bought Dragon Systems/Nuance, they got excellent voice recognition that gives them an advantage and pushed their original ScanSoft imaging scanning product to the background.  Nuance has since licensed the voice...
FaceTime works fine for me as well. It looks like these guys are just trying to publicize this. It will get them nowhere.
Announcement date: September 10th   Pre-Order date:  September 13th   Store availability date:  September 20th
Sorry MS, the surface is doomed.     Get out of the tablet hardware business and focus on writing software. 
Yeah  we know the drill....  Announcement on the 10th, preorder on the 13th to be sold out quickly and in stores on the 20th.
The is interesting part is the 64 bit iOS running on the A7.   This tells me that Apple has plans for much more capable iOS devices needing to address vast amount of RAM and process huge amount of data.   The existing iOS devices don't really need a 64 bit OS and we all know Apple did turn on the 64 bit switch for nothing.     Time will tell.
Embark has a very nice and user interface but lacks the walking, Bike and Bus capabilities. That's where HopStop comes in. Integrate the 2 for a fast Apple Maps winning combination. Go Apple Go, Go, Go...
Caching!!!