or Connect

Posts by matt_s

So what used to take 1 click now takes 2? That's brilliant GUI design!   There's must be something Apple could do to hide photos you just took seconds ago even further...
Author wrote: Here in Denver it's Thursday when it's Friday in China.
Agreed. It infuriates me that Apple deprecated their own OS but continued support for USB local syncing via iTunes in Windows. Windows gets the support, we get the finger. After enduring decades of Mac marginalization, it's tough to swallow when it's Apple doing the marginalizing.
Nope, they don't. They're going to do exactly what their plans and goals are regardless. We've all learned this about Apple over the years but for some reason, people refuse to believe or acknowledge it. Analysts talk of market share and what the industry's doing, and Apple pays absolutely no attention to them. They may give them lip service if it's good for the stock price but in regards to product development, they could not give a rat's ass what Samsung is up to.
Of course they don't. We sat around a conference room table stunned when they told us POINT BLANK they didn't care. We wanted to build a product, and they wouldn't allow us to interface, and our engineer said "So-and-so's doing this with blankety-blank phones, and we want to offer it, too." Whereupon the Apple manager told us, "We don't care what the competition is doing. This is how it's going to be."
One thing we learned being Apple developers is that Apple doesn't care what the competition is doing. They don't care. They didn't care when they had a 4% market share, and they don't care now. Their goal is to invent & lead, not follow. So, we learned to stop worrying about such stuff & think in different terms.
Exactly. And the last thing I want to see is a ginormous LCD screen on an iPhone, making it as uncomfortable to carry in a pocket as that Android crap. Why follow Android? Let's move in our own direction. An iPhone Mini would have a great market IMHO. Personally, I think the iPhone is too large now. Think sleeker & more low profile. Years ago it used to be that the smaller the phone, the cooler it was. I owned one of these A100's from Panasonic & it was the most convenient...
I really was hoping for a smaller iPhone - "iPhone mini."   Maybe something in the 2.5" to 3" range. I think going larger gets close to intersecting with iPad.   Perhaps using the light function to project a keyboard on an external flat surface.   A sleeker, lower profile iPhone would be a big hit.
Darn... I was hoping for something much smaller and lower profile than the current iPhone. Seems to me if folks want bigger, get an iPad. I think a smaller screen size would have many fans...
I was hoping Apple would make an iPhone with a smaller screen, frankly. A lower profile would fit much better in a pocket, be lighter weight and have spectacular battery life.