or Connect

Posts by matt_s

After reading about the potentially annoying impact iAds may deliver in iOS 4, I have held off on any "upgrading" until I could learn what consequences this would have for me. 

Later, I learned that all sorts of metrics will be gathered & transmitted to all sorts of 3rd parties about whom I know nothing, nor with whom I have agreements. This data includes my use of my own phone, where I am, what sites I visited, what applications I prefer, what music I like, what movies I...
We have been misunderstanding Steve all this time. When we thought he said FLASH would degrade the iPhone's performance, he actually said FLESH.
I have solved the problem of holding the iPhone! Now, everyone's going to be able to hold their iPhone 4 any way they like. Miracle of miracles! Apple should "hand" out around 5 million of these to start, left handed only! Problem fixed!
Who is the bonehead at Apple who decided it would be a good idea to blame the customer?
Sony does it, but I still think the Justice Dept would fight Apple on this because of iTunes. Apple would need to carefully design such a system & get government buy-in up front. But it's really the way to the future and might be the wisest way to actually save music. If artists can no longer make any money except by live shows, the music makers will suffer - and we will get little new music.
I must've fallen asleep and woken up on Opposite World. When did one USB port = "fully featured" ? Wha? Yikes!
Super duper, yet another proprietary cable. Apple Display Connector - remember that success story? Who in their right mind would want to just use plain old HDMI? Naw, that would be too industry standard, how would extra revenue get extracted from our pockets doing that???? Thanks a lot, Steve-o.
Really? We have iPhones and Android models, some we make calls with, some we tear apart, and some we use for testing. Each one has it's plus & minus characteristics but I would not term any one of them "junk." I like a number of the Android models, most are quite well built. They are selling extremely well, usually a good indication that customers like the product. They work well, feel solid, and deliver a lot of functionality and features for the dollar.I would say that...
The irony could be that the iPad's success might explode sales of netbooks. Think about it - you need a computer to connect the iPad to iTunes & get it registered, sync'd, updated, upgraded, etc., etc., & et al. You've just spent $700 or $900 or whatever... maybe with AppleCare, some accessories and taxes, you've cracked $1100/$1200. Why not save additional expenditures and just buy that $300 Windows netbook, so you have something to connect to? There's going to be a whole...
I would like something with a display smaller than 13" - in the 9" to 10" range - but a machine built with quality to be a real heavy-duty travel companion. I am not looking to skimp or save; I'm looking to trim real estate and footprint, not cost. I don't think I'm alone in this search. Apple could dominate this market (again) if they chose to. The best portable I ever owned was a PowerBook 165C, which had an 8.9" passive-matrix display. Even though the form factor and...