or Connect

Posts by matt_s

I would like something with a display smaller than 13" - in the 9" to 10" range - but a machine built with quality to be a real heavy-duty travel companion. I am not looking to skimp or save; I'm looking to trim real estate and footprint, not cost. I don't think I'm alone in this search. Apple could dominate this market (again) if they chose to. The best portable I ever owned was a PowerBook 165C, which had an 8.9" passive-matrix display. Even though the form factor and...
I agree with you but I just don't understand these manufacturers. Why do these instruments have to be so crappy? Nobody's forcing them to make junk, yet they do. I still wish Apple would launch a smaller form factor MacBook with a 9" or 10" LCD. I want something that runs OS X and some typical work productivity apps but with a smaller footprint, and a modicum of IO (not wimpy MBA IO). Something that would also do Skype video telecons. I think they'll sell a lot of the new...
I can envision ads cutting off a song you're listening to so it can pump it's audio through to you. I can see an ad's video taking over the screen, regardless of what you're reading at the time. There will eventually be so many damn moving things on a magazine page, it'll be too distracting to read. You're holding the world's most innovative portable advertising delivery mechanism. Yeah, this puppy's going to be one annoying walking billboard.
Upscaling. Not native HD resolutions.
Correcto mundo. Both 1366x768 and 1024x768 native display resolutions are commonly referred to as 720p HD. But it ain't about video IMHO. The real benefit to the iPad over any other display Apple supplies is the vertical display option. Think about it. All these damn wide screens that we must lug around... for what? Two hours a month of movie watching? I can't remember the last time I watched a movie on my MBP. However, I read email and PDF's and write documents and...
Hehehe... oh no kidding & maybe sooner. Right around the school shopping season, I can imagine the 16 gig model being discontinued & the 32 gig unit in at $399. Also, look for the 3G option to get less and less expensive as AT&T pushes Apple to push this out the door in more volume. I mean, it's a $5 chip and a $1 antenna, so c'mon... But seriously, what would us conservative implementers & wait and see buyers do without the early adopters to drive the price down, juice up...
Is the article "a crock"? The policy "a crock"? Or do you believe it's not great PR? Or are you saying living and working in Communist China is a delight?
Not simply 3rd world level wages ... this is essentially prison labor we're talking about. The Chinese people are prisoners of the regime in power. It's a damn sad place to visit. This entire policy is great PR by Apple ahead of their iPad launch. Brush up the hair, put a shine on those teeth, and then step into the spotlight.
Really? That's what amazes you? What an odd life you lead. Of course we've only seen the surface - it's not even Version 1 yet - but I'm responding to Apple's insistence that this device can be a business instrument as is and frankly, it ain't there. The few and fleeting moments I've had to play with the unit tells me the wacky file system where apps tell you where you will live is just bonkers. Reminds me of Win3. Seriously.What we're trying to do here is brainstorm on...
That's the big problem now, isn't it? Applications should not be organizing, users should be organizing. Don't tell me what to do.The main reason I left Windows so many years ago was because I grew weary of the damn computer telling me how I should be computing.If the iPad didn't have to rely on another computer, if it could stand on it's own, then it would be a "revolutionary" device indeed, rather than just a larger Touch with better software.But attaching documents to...